MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to the conclusion I will be getting some 16" wheels for the MCS (soon to be JCW), the problem is which ones?

The choices are:

X-lites - Very light, cheap ish, agressive looking, white / silver

7 Fins - Light, subtle looks suit mini well

R90 (cast) - Classic look, heavier, more expensive

Opinions? :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got S Lites on a JCW, and I'm very happy with them. I was able to compare them to a similar car on 18's the other day, and it's sooooo much sharper on the turn in.

IMHO they look great, and are much more exclusive.

Pig to clean though.

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
R92 7-spoke Fin alloys : maybe too subtle, more of a luxury car wheel, say would suit a VW Cabriolet.
R90 one piece wheel : a good looker, bugger to keep clean, should be lighter.
R84 X-lites : aggressive stance, quality look, lightest of the bunch... we have a winner! :)

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Wheels

R84 X Lites - Good price, great looking and think you can fit 205/60x16 tyres. :) :red:

·
Registered
79 Posts
R 84 's

..can be difficult to keep the spoke area that runs 90 degrees to the rim itself clean. Tar spots especially seem to stick here - probably caused by this square faced edge running across the air flow . :confused:

I haven't described this very well but anyone who has them will know what I mean !!

but yeah you can fit 205/50/16 onto them

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm leaning towards the X-lites for most of the reasons mentioned..................I'm not convinced on using non-runflat tyres though, not too keen on having a mobility kit etc, suspose its a piece of mind thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts