MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to upgrade my car with some engine goodies, dont know much about it though, would like to put on a new exuast and an induction kit but dont want to loss my warranty, jcw wont supply individualy so where can i go?
what can i do ?
please help as my cooper is wanting to go faster :p :D ;)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Any mods to the engine will mean the loss of your warranty :mad: :mad: The thing is, will you just loose the warranty for that part of the whole car :confused: :confused:

I want to get a Superchip, exhaust & filter for my ONE when I get it ;)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm going to save my pennies and make it go faster after the free service and warranty period is up.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You should be fine chipping your car, it'll be very difficult for your dealer to tell unless they take it out for a spin.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
AV51HCC said:
You should be fine chipping your car, it'll be very difficult for your dealer to tell unless they take it out for a spin.
What about when they plug it in to the diagnostic thing for the service? Surely they could tell then...

Or what if they wanted to update the ECU, it'd overwrite the superchip

Dom

·
Registered
213 Posts
Try Using Shell OPTIMAX...

Why not try a few tanks of Shell Optimax 98+RON petrol?

Seems to make a difference, it feels like a few BHP anyway.

Has anyone put the car on a rolling dynometer to see what the BHP changes are?

Cheers

Garry

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Dom said:

What about when they plug it in to the diagnostic thing for the service? Surely they could tell then...

Or what if they wanted to update the ECU, it'd overwrite the superchip

Dom
Diagnostics, wont show.

Upgrade the ECU, will most likely over write it, but SuperChips I know will re-chip it for free.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:

Diagnostics, wont show.

Upgrade the ECU, will most likely over write it, but SuperChips I know will re-chip it for free.
Ah right, 'nuff said then! Superchip it is!

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Remember though, if they do find out, it will void the warranty.
I can see it now:

"Oh, how did that get there?!? What's an ECU? SuperChip? What's that???"

Dom

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
I had a word with a Superchip guy the other week, he said if you were in doubt, you can take your car to your nearest chipping place (they have affiliates all over the uk) and get it back to the normal mode for say when you wanted to take it for a service, and then bring it back to them to re-do the ECU settings.

I can't remember how much he said, but it wasn't much really, somink like £10 I think....I'll have to ask again.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I spoke to a bloke about superchips on Coopers, you only get about 8bhp extra but he rekons it will remove any flat spots you might have - more torquey
Mini One people can get upto 65bhp i think! Cooper status!

·
1,532 Posts
I have this magazine on race cars and the liek, forgot whats it called, they have a review of the Superchips Mini one against the standard cooper. The drivers noted that the cooper felt smoother and freer relating to revs, and the Cooper was still quicker than the chipped Mini One.

So maybe a Chipped Cooper would be even quicker. I'll have a rumage for the mag, and give you guys the full lown on the issue.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
The One has a different final drive ratio (and a different suspension set up).

The Chipped MINI One I drove around was not as quick off the mark as a standard Cooper, even though it's power exceeded that of a Cooper.

They do chip the Cooper, it is cheaper, and has a smaller increase in BHP.

Search the news pages for the word SuperChips.

:)

·
1,532 Posts
Thats exactly what they said in the magazine I've got.
Quicker off the mark, and overall feels more sportier and smoother, as the Coop has been setup to be sportier in the 1st place.

None the less, a good investment for Mini One owners who want a bit more oomph out of thier lovelies. And perfect thing for Cooper owners wanting to get rid of those flats spots without out haveing to do anything with inductions and exhaust, works out cheaper too........but then again join the lot up and the mini will be abit more faster too

may get about 15bhp combined with a new induction and exhaust, with the changes to the ECU by Superchips.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmm a chip for my ONE :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts