MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had my Mini Cooper 51 plate for a few months now. The other week my windscreen wipers just stopped dead while in use! They havn't worked since, just the back one works. I was wondering if anybody knew of any manual ways to fix this problem without taking it to a garage? I've tried switching the fuse but that didn't work. Any other ideas?

Cheers.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi,

I've had my Mini Cooper 51 plate for a few months now. The other week my windscreen wipers just stopped dead while in use! They havn't worked since, just the back one works. I was wondering if anybody knew of any manual ways to fix this problem without taking it to a garage? I've tried switching the fuse but that didn't work. Any other ideas?

Cheers.
Have you checked the fuse to see if it was blown, rather than just changing it for a new one?

If there is a fault it could be blowing the fuse when u try to use them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, i work on minis for a living and this is a common problem. You will need the wiper motor/linkage replaced as it will be ceased. Not a nice job to do but if live near manchester i can help you out.

·
Sarah
6 Posts
Worth checking the earth lead to the motor. mine did exactly mid swipe. AA came out and took a look thinking I'd need a new motor but it was the earth wire that had become loose and needed to be repositioned so that it was making contact to the body of the car. common problem as its hard to find a spot to earth it with all the painted surfaces the engine compartment has. Anyway worth a shot as its quick to fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals,
I am a complete novice, I have an R50 which recently had a dead battery. After I jumped it to take it to the shop, the wipers stopped working altogether. Is this a fuse problem? If so, how/where do I change it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts