MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

looking at buying a new Cooper shortly but i am struggling with my spec. I have a price i want to stick to which is around 16k but my spec is slightly over it.

I am asking for your help in what you think is worth having or not! I hope people who own Coopers will give me help on what they think is a must to have when speccing a Cooper.

My current spec (over priced) is listed below. These are the things i would like but the ones with a * next to them are ones i do not want to get rid of.

MINI Cooper

in Pepper White

with the following options:

Dynamic Stability Control
Remote Control Alarm
CD Preparation
Car Jack
Pass Airbag Deactivation
Radio BOOST CD
Pepper White
Black Bonnet Stripes
Roof&Mirror Caps In Black
Colour Line Dark Grey
Additional Decor Rings
Chrome-Line Exterior
Heated Windscreen Washer Jets/Mirrors*
White Indicator Lenses
Darkened Rear Glass
Chrome-Line Interior*
Sport Button*
HiFi Speaker System*
Visibility Pack
Rain Sensor & Lights On
Auto-Dim Interior Mirror
Multifunction for S/Wheel

CHILI Pack*
2nd Remote Key
17" Flame Spoke Alloys
Sports Seats
Clth/Lea Ray Cream White
Interior Light Pack
On-Board Computer
Manual Air Conditioning
Front Foglights
Storage Compartment Pack
Pass. Seat Height Adj.
Floor Mats
Rear Spoiler
Sport Leather Steer Wheel

All that comes to just under 17k so i need to save around 1k although im hoping MINI will help me do a deal and knock some money off somewhere!.

Thanks all :):red:

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
It entirely depends on what you want the car to feel/look like.

Flame Spokes look fantastic, and I'd have them everytime, but, they are £390 - Which is a large chunk of your over-spend!

The tinted windows do look god, but they aren't really that well tinted, more like 'lightly smoked', but they do look cool.

White lenses are a must IMO, a year after living with the standard ones are driving me crazy!

MFSW is a good option to have - Saves you messing around with the controls in the middle.

Visibility pack - can't really comment on that as neither of our Minis have had it :)

At the end of the day, it depends what you want from the car - If you want it to look really good, then ditch the MFSW, Vis Pack - If however, you want a car that's easier to live with, get the MFSW, Vis Pack, and ditch the larger wheels, the tints and the white lenses.

Sorry I couldn't be of more use, I'm utterly useless when it somes to things like this :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys :)

Agree about the Flame Spokes in that they look fantastic. I had a Cooper S before which had no options really but currently have a golf which has many (auto lights/rain sensors/MFSW etc.) and while i got on without them fine with my MCS now i had the Golf i am worried i will miss them. Clear side repeaters i will get but it's just so damn confusing :p

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Tombles, just a bit confused over your options bud, you have thing on there which are standard on the Cooper, the DSC is standard from 1st March build, Remote Control Alarm, CD Preparation,
Car Jack, Pass Airbag Deactivation, Radio BOOST CD these are all standard on the car. I would keep,
Black Bonnet Stripes
Roof&Mirror Caps In Black
Colour Line Dark Grey
Additional Decor Rings
Chrome-Line Exterior ( standard with chilli pack )
White Indicator Lenses
Rain Sensor & Lights On
Multifunction for S/Wheel
this is what I would leave on your list, but at the end of the day it is your Mini, I went back 3 days later and added another £500 to mine as I was keeping mine to £16,000 budget, but I could not live without some item I had left off, I felt so much better when I had added them on to it.
A good idea is to ask Salesman which option will get you some money back when you come to sell it, i have got some which wont but I wanted them. Hope this helps you a bit.
cbpete

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea some of the things are standard as i just copied the spec off the mini site which includes all options, standard or extra.

Still can't make up my mind though!

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Lol it is really difficult i find too. However, you dont really need auto anything do you. How hard is it to turn your wipers on. How often do you go out in the blackness and not turn you lights on? (Not very often i hope lol!!!) I would ditch them things, although i agree with the mfsw as it is a lot safer then reaching over/peering at the controls in the middle. And wheels maketh the car!! (IMHO lol) Its tour choice though thats the good thing about it

·
any day now....
141 Posts
Hey dude, I would say anything that can be modded after is safe to leave off for now....

Here's what I would not have, mainly because I could do most/all of it afterwards or I am not bothered about auto this/that.
1)I would not go with the HI-FI system, its only margninally better than the BOOST and when you've saved the cash Mikeythe Mini can fit you a great upgrade for £500 or so.
2)Ditch the Vis pack, its kind expensive for basically nothing
3)Ditch the bonnet stripes, you can get a set after and fit them yourself
4) Ditch the sport button, all it does is pump up the Rev's, it DOES NOT change suspension settings. Dealers I've spoken to reckon its 'useless" and "I hate it"
5) Heated windscreen washer jets? Really? A kettle will be faster, I reckon.
6) Darkened rear glass? Why dont you see how it goes and you could get it done afterwards if its a big thing for you?
With that spec its bang on 16K...so you might be able to keep a few of the toys depending on how willing the dealer is to haggle...its you car at the end of the day, but I do think that spec should be pretty OK on a day-to-day basis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
BrianDromey
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing