MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Not a happy chappy right now - my car went into Woodmans yesterday for a new clutch, and to have the steering wheel realigned following an earlier steering column replacement.

Today, I now have a whooshing noise coming into the cabin at anything over 20mph, because the bung on the steering shaft has not been replaced properly.

The main concern is that I also now have the traction control, tyre pressure & ABS warning lights illuminated on the dash. All the lights come on if the T/C is activated.

After calling Woodmans, I was told service were not in, and to ring MINI emergency service, which I have done. The bloke on the phone told me that this combination of warning lights often occurs due to a drop in tyre pressure / bump in the road.

I have driven my car with flat tyres (runflats) before, and this has never happened, so reluctantly I agreed to go and check the tyre pressures and reset the tyre pressure sensor. The pressures were spot on and all seemed well, until on the way back, at a greasy junction the T/C was activated - and once again the three warning lights came on, and stayed on.

Anyone got any idea about what's going on?! In the space of 3 weeks my car has needed a new steering column, clutch, and now this issue - I'm ****** off.

The worst of it is that I am supposed to be in London tomorrow evening ready to start my new grad job - and MINI emergency service are claiming that because of my insurance policy I may have to organise my own hire car and claim the expenses back. WTF??!!

The engineer is meant to be here in about 30 mins, I am really hoping that he can sort it out for me. :confused:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because, they said my ins policy would have to be transferred to a hire car, and they couldn't do that from there, or something or other. :confused:

I have since spoken to them again, somewhat more sternly, and they have now agreed a car will be provided if needs be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
service reset help please

i have a 2001 cooper it i took it today to the garage where i got it for them to reset the milage anfter service and the brake fluid now it says 15575 miles to next oil check and 712 days till brake fluid is this right, i drove from the garage back home about 50 miles turned off the key an back on and the service milage was the same even though i had driven 50 miles, does any one have an explination for that

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the emergency service guy was a really helpful bloke and diagnosed the fault as a goosed wheel speed sensor, using his diagnostics machine. However, he was perplexed as to why the lights only come on after the T/C has been activated through normal driving. No parts available for a roadside fix, and the fault is not deemed serious enough for a hire car from emergency service.

Woodmans have kindly agreed to let me have a car for my trip to London, while they sort the car - so top service on that side of things.

The car is drivable, but just means that my ABS, Tyre pressure sensor and T/C are not working, which to be fair doesn't fill be with confidence. Hopefully all will be back to normal on Weds when I pick the car up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts