MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my mini to the tyre dealer for 3 new tyes as the 2 rears were worn and the front had a punture (bloody mini not letting your repair).

I did have 4 Goodyear Excellence run flat tyres but the 3 new tyres are Goodyear Eagles NCT5s. Even so i requested excellences. The garage told me that the eagle is going to replace the excellence. But now i have 2 issues

1. I am left with one Excellence on the front
2. The eagles dont seem as good as the excellences.

I am just wondering if anyone else has swapped from Excellences to Eagles and what they think?

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
I'm surprised your dealer allowed you to drive with two different tyres on the front axle :eek:

Not tried either myself, but I wouldn't ever mix tyres on the same axle.... different properties and qualities could make for some scary moments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what i thought now it is worse now that when running on flat. I called the dealer to complain and they said they would swap the odd tyre to the back on it wont make a difference. Any thoughts on this?

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Should work, I know someone who is in the same position. I suppose you'd only really notice this if you were really hammering it. Don't suppose you'd PM me the dealer, as I've found one a bit slap dash and was wondering whether that was because of my age or them in general.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your replies. I took it back on Saturday and they swapped so had 2 NCT5s on the front but made no difference at all to the grip. The NCT5s grip levels are no where near as good as the excellences. So they have agreed to swap all 3 tyres as it was there error and they had lied saying that the NCT was replacing the excellence when it is the other way around.

·
Registered
460 Posts
you want some real advice there both a pile of **** the only decent runflats are the dunlops and birdgestones i speak from experince on the good years having had a set they were truly awful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts