MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I have had my Cooper D for a month now and I have noticed when the car idles it keeps going to cut off, but dosent. The revs will drop to about 500 then quickly back to 900 ish.

Anyone had this or know what it could be?

Thanks

·
still learning
1,270 Posts
Karim, you don't say how old your car is, has it recently been serviced ?

has it always done this since you got it ?

could be a rubber air intake hose disconnected or leaking.

Iain

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have had a Cooper D for three months and mine doesn't do that. Sometimes on cold days when the car isn't propoerly warmed the stop start gets 'confused' and does stopping but not starting, but yours sounds like something different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry...The car was brand new a month ago. Its currently on about 800 miles and has done it since I have had it. I am tempted to take it back to MINI but i am trying to wait until the run in period is over to see if things get any better.

I was just wondering if anyone has had the same expirence, but dosent look like it. I find it does it more when the car is cold

·
Registered
640 Posts
Mines a similar age, 6 weeks, and it's never done it. Never had the Auto S/S get confused either (yet!). It won't switch off first thing in morning at the lights cos I assume it's cold and the lights are on etc but I kinda expected that.

IanT, what do you do when it won't start? just depress the clutch again and hit the button??

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
It won't switch off first thing in morning at the lights cos I assume it's cold and the lights are on etc but I kinda expected that.
Correct, its designed to only work when efficient for the engine and warmed up...

·
Registered
640 Posts
I wish it would (optionally) kill the headlights - there's something about sitting there with a dead engine and headlights blazing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts