MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please Paul!

Suddenly without warning, we are only allowed 250 characters in the signatures, an instant drop of 50%!!!

Can't fit my URLs etc... in anymore :(

Please help!

Ta very much!

DK ;) :apple:

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Unfortunately I've not worked a way around this. If it's the URL size that's the main problem try using www.tunyurl.com to shrink them.

The problem is, 500 lines of text is a lot of text, and people have been pushing the boundaries using the space for poetry, jokes, and most commonly their car specs (despite the MINI profiles! Grrrr). The system isn't smart enough to work out the difference between images, urls, and just plain text.

I'm trying to find a way to get it to be a bit smarter, in the mean time we'll have to suffer (mine is now too big too!) until we can get those with silly long sigs to voluntarily fall into line.

You know what it's like being a mod and asking people to make changes, the poor ol' mods can get a right load of (*^* in return for their request. If they get anything at all.

:(

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great power comes with great responsibilities - Spiderman :D

Tell me about getting a load of sticks! :rolleyes:

Can't please people all the time, so I shan't try (been bad repped recently for being strict and bossy, ha!)

Not to worry, I shall find a way to fit everything into 250 characters :)

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
dcfkan said:
Great power comes with great responsibilities - Spiderman :D

Tell me about getting a load of sticks! :rolleyes:

Can't please people all the time, so I shan't try (been bad repped recently for being strict and bossy, ha!)

Not to worry, I shall find a way to fit everything into 250 characters :)

I'd be more concerend if you were bad repped for being submissive and laid back :p

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SoggyCornFlakes said:
I'd be more concerend if you were bad repped for being submissive and laid back :p
You are in for a kicking soon, dear :mad: :p :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SoggyCornFlakes said:
I have also been called a "stuffy cow" (you know who you are :p) for not passing on other people's personal details such as e-mail addresss/phone numbers/postal addresses etc...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
MINIAC
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing