MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 R52 Mini Cooper Convertible
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here so apologies if this isn't in the right forum!

I have a problem with my girlfriend's 2005 R52 Cooper Convertible where the passenger's windows (both front and rear) won't go back up.

This has happened after the alternator recently failed and started charging the battery to 18V, which caused us to replace the alternator, battery and fan belt.

We've bought a used replacement window motor and regulator which we hoped would fix the problem but unfortunately the problem is still present.

After doing some further research, I'm now thinking that the problem may lie with the BC1, which could have possibly been damaged by the higher battery voltage. So I have a few questions:

1. Do you guys think that the problem is likely to be with the BC1 or is my assumption off the mark?

2. Are there any schematics available for the BC1? If so, I can look at diagnosing the problem further and potentially replace any faulty components.

3. If I buy a used replacement BC1 off eBay, does it need to be from an R52 or could it be from an R50/R53?

4. Can anybody recommend someone who can clone my old BC1 onto the donor BC1, preferably near Swindon but if not I'm happy to post the unit to them?

Thanks in advance for your help with this. If you need any further info, just let me know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone got any ideas please guys? It wouldn't be so bad if the windows were stuck in the up position but we can't use the car with them stuck down!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've found this link which gives the wiring diagrams for the Mini:

On page 114 it shows the wiring for the power windows for a convertible model. From research it seems like the motor signals are driven from relays which are on the BC1 and that they simply reverse the current through the motor when you want it to go in the reverse direction.

So, from looking at that diagram, it seems like if I could get the windows to go down but not back up it points to a problem further upstream in the BC1 - either with the relay itself or possibly the control signal for the relay.

Thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts