MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lo all

my car has just recently developed a very annoying rattle which i think comes from behind/underneath the steering wheel- i don't exactly know wheres it coming from because when i stick my head under to check it out all i see is wires and screws and thats about it, the rattle sounds like metal and at first i thought it was the engine but the rattle sounds closer than that- i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem and sorted it out themselves

my car goes in for a pulling to left cure on thursday so will get the bm boys to have a proper look

but in the mean time can anybody help?

thx

·
Registered
906 Posts
If it happens when you go over road repairs then it could be a loose top suspension mount. This will get sorted when they do the suspension checking.

By the way, MINI have told me that they no longer advise a suspension swop as it wont fix the left steering problem. KDS alignment might improve things, but wont cure it either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi redhotmini
did the dealer sort out the rattle, i have exactly the same problem. It started after some kds work, has been back once and it stopped for a while but has come back again.
mines definitely the steering wheel put up or downward pressure on it and it stops.
if they did sort it did they tell you what it was
cheers
tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts