MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently purchased a 2007 cooper S.

Engine really sluggish with accelerating at low RPM, engine suddenly burst into life at around 2500 RPM and runs great.

no fault codes found. No warning lights on the dash

service done with new plugs and new coils fitted

anyone else experienced this?
Any pointers appreciated

· Registered
573 Posts
I’ve recently purchased a 2007 cooper S.

Engine really sluggish with accelerating at low RPM, engine suddenly burst into life at around 2500 RPM and runs great.

no fault codes found. No warning lights on the dash

service done with new plugs and new coils fitted

anyone else experienced this?
Any pointers appreciated
How many miles? If you just purchased it, are you sure someone didn't clear the codes? If you are sure, I would suspect the Intake manifold is coked and clogged with burnt oil and carbon and you are due for a 'walnut blast'. You can remove the air filter and get one of the Engine snake cameras to take a look inside and see if the air intake and intake valves are all clogged up.

Reactions: knt

· Registered
573 Posts
Yeah, or get the best you can, like 94 is the best I ever see and add some NOS or Lucas Octane boost.

I'm only at 64K miles and I'm spending a lot of time on my fuel delivery and air delivery. I now have a new fuel filter, new HPFP, and I plan on draining and rinsing my fuel tank. Then several tanks of Octane boosted premium with Seafoam and fuel injection cleaner. When I changed my fuel filter, I dropped half of the bowl of "crap" back into the tank, slipped out of my vinyl glove gasoline hands. When you buy a used Mini, you are highly likely buying some previous owners unknown state of fuel which was likely cheap octane fuel, high oxidization Ethanol blended fuel with water borne contamination, mixed with sitting for a long time producing terpene and re-bonded aliphatic allyls. In other words, "Crap Gas" in the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.