MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP - Rattle/ Knocking Noise from rear passenger side wheel..

i have a knocking noise everytime i go over slight bump in the road. the noise has started to get worse. i thought it may have been the exhaust i.e. bracket snapped, exhaust wobbling, but all is ok and solid.

does any1 know what this is, rear shock? sound to be coming from my rear passenger side wheel.

any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Are you sure it's an exterior knock? The rear seat catches have a tendency to dry out and make a knocking which sounds just like a shock absorber thump. A bit of copper grease solves that particular problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi had the same noise it was the rear anti roll bar bushes very easy to change and cost £8 from main dealer ,,,rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a while since ive been on here. knocking kept coming and going and now its knocking all the time over every little bump. i bought 2x rear drop links off ebay for about £11.00, im adamant that this is what the noise is. its sounds like the rear left but have gone a pair to ensure both are changed at the same time.

im going to replace them at weekend. any tips for replacing. torque specs?

any help would be great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
mine has a knocking while going over bumps and took it to my mini dealer, it turns out to be the rubber bushes on the back seat housing. so they are replacing them this week, the noise does sound like suspension type noise, but hopefully it will go when they are replaced, the cost of replacement and fitting is £191, its under warranty so i pay nowt thank god!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
dessieb123
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing