MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Does anyone know how much it is to get ecu flashed back to standard map.
After buying my 04 MCS i went for a re-map which now i think was not the right choice.
Since then i have had GTT 220 conversion and roland thinks that the car is running fine with the map i had done, but im just not happy :frown: even though i trust roland.
Could any one give some advice on wether to have it flashed back or get a custom map for my set up????????????? and has anyone had the same concerns.

Thanks jaymanv4

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
What is wrong with the car? Perhaps if you gave us more info we could help.

1. Problem with car?
2. Type of map you bought?
3. Your concerns?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi all

No problem with car everything seems to be ok.

Im not sure what map it is i had it done at bbr/morego???? After having it done there just did not seem to be any diference in performance or mpg as qouted by them and this is before joining mini2 forums.

After having gtt220 conversion and speaking to roland he said he uses just standard map but the car should be fine with the map it has at the moment.
If i were to get any more mods done to the car i was concerned what would be the outcome, Hence why i was thinking of having it put back to stardard map.
Hope this helps a bit more as im still trying to get into the tuning of the MCS:D and there is a lot to be learnt:aargh:

Cheers Jayman

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
You are treading into the dark waters of the ECU. Roland doesn't like to do tunes for the most part. I, on the other hand think that a MINI with a 15% reduction pulley warrants a new tune to make the most of the mod. Thus the war begins... ;)

On the tune side, you have a few different styles.

1. There is the canned tune file which is a one file does all like Bluefin. These tunes are ok, but are very conservative with the settings as they don't know what your secific engine is like or what you have done to it.

2. There are the semi tunes like MTH that take your file and match it to many different files giving a bit more aggressive stance over the first. However, they are still conservative as they don't really know what your specific engine is like and only tune by what you tell them is in the car.

3. The custom tune.... This is the tune where the car is put on a Dyno or driven to measure it and then it is manually adjusted to suit what the engine can handle. Roland has started doing this and RMW and P-Torque are also doing this.

Where do you stand? Well, you probably have a tune of some sort and it won't hurt anything but you are probably not seeing the gains out of it like you wanted. Also, expect your MPG to drop, not go up if you are serious about tuning. At first you will see a small increase (I did with the 15%) but that quickly goes away with more power and the likelihood that you will keep your foot on the gas. ;)

·
Supercharger Noiseaholic
186 Posts
1320 autos can do live mapping on the car to map it to the engine spec, they would be a good bet.

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
£30-60 at a dealer for a reflash of orginal map. I had this done to get rid of an early maps traction gremlins.

Best bet if you can afford £350 +the rolling road session is to get it RMW live mapped at 1320autos. Although I think Roland now does live mapping too... have a word to him

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
£30-60 at a dealer for a reflash of orginal map. I had this done to get rid of an early maps traction gremlins.

Best bet if you can afford £350 +the rolling road session is to get it RMW live mapped at 1320autos. Although I think Roland now does live mapping too... have a word to him

$350 + RR cost;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts