MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have searched the forum and found many issues with regards central locking locks breaking, which seem similar to my issue but nothing identical.

Basically when i press the unlock button on the key, the passanger door unlocks fine, but the drivers door does not. i have to manually do this with the key.
When i try to lock the car, it sounds like the locks try to do something, but nothing locks, so im having to do those manually, but the boot doesnt lock at all when done from the key in the door.
When i use the toggle switch in the car, again you can hear it try to do something, but fails to lock or unlock.
I have also noticed that the alarm doesnt seem to be getting activated.

I have booked the car in with mini for wednesday, but thought i would ask you guys to see if you have any ideas.... as im lost!

Dan:puzzled:

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Hi Dan and welcome to MINI2!

Might be helpful if you can provide a bit more info - for example, which model is your car, year of manufacture etc. That way some of the experts on this site (not me!) may have more to go on.....

Also, if your car is under warranty or not...

Cheers!

Ian

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Ian, didnt even think about the car details...

Its a 52 plate cooper s. Out of warrenty now.
I have spoken to a few people who thought this may be the usual lock issue but its the fact the alarm isnt coming on even when locked with the key which is confusing i think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Dan
Kindly read my post (romy729). Mine I think was worse. At the moment. BMW is fixing my two weeks old 2009 Mini Cooper S. I was informed they will dismantle the driver's side door ,check everything and reload all the softwares installed in my car.Hopefully that will fix my driver side doorlock's temper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts