MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all can anyone please help, the mother inlaws mini cooper automatic(steptronic) is displaying ep on the speedo. i know its something wrong with the automatic transmission as it wont change gear from first.....is there a quick fix.....what do i need to do

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
have a look in the manual and see what the display means....then you can decide if its safe to drive it to a garage or if you need to call MINI / AA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QOUTE FROM MANUAL......In the event of a malfunction in the transmission system, the display EP appears. All the lever positions can be selected, but in the positions for forward travel only certain gears are actually available. In the positions for forward travel: only certain gears are actually available.
Dont mean nothing to me....is there a self diagonsis on the onboard computer and how do i access it...many thanks

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
QOUTE FROM MANUAL......In the event of a malfunction in the transmission system, the display EP appears. All the lever positions can be selected, but in the positions for forward travel only certain gears are actually available. In the positions for forward travel: only certain gears are actually available.
Dont mean nothing to me....is there a self diagonsis on the onboard computer and how do i access it...many thanks
im not sure if there is a self diagnostics (apart from the warning light coming on telling you there is something wrong). i dont have an automatic so i dont really know, but i would certainly cll the AA or similar as i wouldnt say its safe to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts