MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined and in a major dilemma! What colour to have on my new MCSC on order for March delivery.

I am on my second mini at the moment - an EB/W S and it is a fantastic motor. The colour that I have on order at the moment is Dark Silver with the black & red interior, but I am not happy with it. After looking around the forums on here, I am now sold on the cordoba beige interior i just think it is the best looking for a drop-top. Now all I have to do is decide on the exterior colour. That is where you can try and help me out - please!

I don't want white wheels again as they are a right pain to keep clean and they do stain a little. I have thought about BRG, but i personally think that you need the white wheels to set it off. I do like the black with the beige inside but Black is a nightmare to keep clean. I have even thought about Red with the beige interior. It is a recomended colour match in the brochure, but i just can't picture it somehow! Does someone have a picture of red/beige somewhere?

Any thought's or pictures that you may have would be appreciated. I at least have a few months to think about it, I just want to have something that will be slightly different.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Niel, went to fawdingtons - only a 5 month wait not all that bad a wait, at least i have my S to be going on with in the mean time.

Laura, Hyper Blue is a good colour, still trying to picture it with the beige leather. Choices, choices, the next five months will be a killer!!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Here you go found this pic of Hyper Blue and Cordoba beige, obviously an anerican car. (Sorry RallyMINI for using your pic from your gallery). I think this is really fab but just my opinion!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just picked up my MCC which is BRG with Codorba Beige interior, white bonnet stripes and a green hood. I did have a dilema myself about the white wheels and mirror caps, but in the end settled for chrome mirror caps and 5 star 16" alloys. However I think the bonnet stripes and green hood definately set off the BRG body. I had initially spec'd a black hood, however when I was confirming the spec for my car the dealer let me have a look at some of the cars that were in their warehouse being prepared for collection. There were a couple of BRG convertibles - one with a black hood and another with a green hood and I made my mind up then that the green hood looked a lot better and that it enhanced the colour of the car.

I'm afraid I dont have any pictures of my car at the moment I could post at the moment but I hope the comments are useful. Good luck in deciding!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Unfortunately you can get Astro black on an S convertible, you have to get black II.

But is still looks great, I'll post pictures as soon as I find my digi-cam.

Paul;

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hyper blue or BRG

I have an Indi Blue/Cordoba and it is good looking. Hyper Blue is just a tad lighter/brighter than Indi Blue. This would be a good choice. If you are not a blue person then BRG also looks great with Cordoba.

·
Happy Motorer!
60 Posts
I think jet black is a classic choice for the cordoba beige (I'm biased, of course, since that's what I've chosen for mine). I won't have pics until the middle of November, otherwise I'd post some.

Face it, you're going to be washing your MINI like crazy anyway, what difference does it make if it's black or any other color??? :D

·
GTT........See Yah
413 Posts
Hi Cooper S Cab

I know exactly how you feel cause I had the same dilemma choosing the colour of my MCSC which I took delivery of in July. Like you the MCSC is my third Mini having previously owned a Cooper in Red/White, black/red interior. Then my 2nd like you Cooper S Electric Blue/White roof Mirrors (which is still my favorite colour).
Then had to choice for my new Cab, I had the chance to go to the motor show and see all the colours for real, which you can now see on the road. I wanted desperately the beige/black interior as I love it with the roof down great contrast. Personally I do not like green cars so BRG was out, like you black looks the biz when clean, and I do not think it is bright enough for a Mini, the Mrs does not like the Dark Grey (to drab she says), I was considering Black Eye Purple but you cannot get the colour coded interior which I wanted. I like red but already have had one of those, so as you can see I went for Hyper Blue, White Strips, Union Jack Mirrors, 18" TSW Alloys, and recently had the Works Kit fitted.
I receive a lot of compliments about the car and most people really like the colour, I do not think the beige suits the Hyper Blue colour but again only my opinion.
Another colour choice I like is Silver, Blue Hood, Blue leather interior, Blue Bonnet Strips this is different and looks very cool.

Good luck with your decision and let us all know what you decide.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
miniboyblue, laura and the others.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out on my hard choice.

I do think that I have made my mind up, Black with the beige interior, anthracite dash with chrome interior package and chrome mirrors. My brother has pionted out that i have made a bad choice with the interior - only due to the fact that I have a 7 month old daughter. Baby seat for the isofix will have to be researched thoroughly - Oh and no chocolate or anything sticky when the little-un is on board!

Will not call the dealer just yet, as I no doubt will change my mind every night for the next coulpe of months anyway!!

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
I too have had exactly the same dilemma. I think the HB beige pic has just settled it for me.... :cool: :D Thank you.

·
GTT........See Yah
413 Posts
Your brother is right, I have a 3 yr old with lots of friends who always what to go in the COOL MINI, beige door panels and seats how long would these last with sticky fingers !!!!!

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Cooper_S_Cab said:
washy,

Don't be saying that now. My mind was made up for the black - what have you done! :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Sorry. I have had soo much trouble picking the colour of this car. I was going BEP, B, or DS until I saw the beige in my dealer demo car...... :confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dark Silver w/gray leatherette

Obviously, I am partial to the dark silver with gray leatherette, but I think it looks stunning. Instead of getting leather, spend the money to get it all chromed up with anthracite wheels.

IMHO the leatherette looks and feels nice. I know it doesn't smell like leather, but the top will be down all the time anyway. Besides, if you really need the smell, you can always get a leather scented air freshner. :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
miniboyblue,
I will just make sure she takes her shoes off, and wipes her hands before she enters!

washy,
How long have you got to wait, I am sure that you will change your mind a few more times. Could do with some more pictures of the HB/beige combo, what roof are you going for? black or blue?

ChicagoGator,
Nice wheel's man! we don't get that colour combo over here. Why mini don't keep the spec's and packages the same for everyone I don't know. It would make life alot simpler!

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Cooper_S_Cab said:
miniboyblue,
I will just make sure she takes her shoes off, and wipes her hands before she enters!

washy,
How long have you got to wait, I am sure that you will change your mind a few more times. Could do with some more pictures of the HB/beige combo, what roof are you going for? black or blue?

ChicagoGator,
Nice wheel's man! we don't get that colour combo over here. Why mini don't keep the spec's and packages the same for everyone I don't know. It would make life alot simpler!

I'm getting mine on March 1st. If I do go HB it will be with a blue roof. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts