• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Mini2 Forum!

Its been a while since I've been on due to unforseen circumstances anyway enough of that drivel! I need your help. I test drove a Mini One with my folks last Sunday and me and my folks thought it was AWESOME. My Dad's words where I'm happy for you to get it, but he thought the ONE was quick enough. Anyway to cut a long story short I will be getting the Cooper. I'm test driving a Cooper Chilli tomorrow by myself so the dealer can, and I quote, Can "show you what it really can do" and to give you a feel for the sports suspension.
Anyway as I'm already driveling on and no doubt half of the people have stopped reading by this point. I should be putting down the a deposit for ordering it and I have the choice of getting my spec cooper in April or getting thier spec'd cooper in March. So what should I do, here's the specs, and vote.

My Ideal Spec:
Cooper Chilli, Cosmos Black (white Roof Etc), Normal 17" S Spoke's, Alarm, ASC+T, Climate Control,

Their Spec:
Cooper Chilli, Indi Blue (white roof), (not sure if these are white or not) 17" S Spoke's, Alarm, ASC+T, Air Con, Full Leather Upgrade

So what would you do? Get the car now, or wait a little longer? I don't know what to do, as I want the car NOW but I love it in black (I haven't seen an Indie Blue one with the S spoke's (in white or silver) which doesn't help either)

So You decide, I'll need to know by Tomorrow Afternoon tho!

Thanks!

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
I live 5 minutes from you (westhoughton), I have a Cooper Chili, red/white... There is a car I know of, mentioned elsewhere on here that is available NOW and matches your spec quite closely (though it is a pepper pack?). It is not yet registered. PM me or email [email protected] P.S. Come to the meet this weekend, there'll be lots of different specs there, make a choice then and have an enjoyable night too. BTW, it is probably possible to get YOUR spec before April too.
Colin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go for the blue you will no be dissapointed! Believe me, driving the MINI will be much better than waiting for one to arrive.

The only thing I would do is check that the Blue has white wheels as I don't think silver would do it any good.

Cheers :)

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
For what it's worth... (You'll make your own decision anyway), spec it how you want it and get as many of the options you really want as you can afford. Hopefully MINI have sorted their problems out by now and this will be the only chance you get to spec it up, so make sure you get the car you want, even if it means waiting longer. The wait is worth every second (I'm currently waiting for MINI number 2 to arrive :) after my recent saga (still no help from BMW) )

·
Registered
168 Posts
Indi Blue!

Get the Blue Coop. Only thing I don't like about that spec is the leather seats...and of course the fact it won't be a brand new car coz it will have been driven beforehand (and maybe not run in properly)...actually, I 've talked myself out of it...wait.
I would say tho:
Climate control - seems like a few hundred quid that could be better spent elsewhere.
Black paint - you ever had a black car before? NIGHTMARE to keep clean.
I've got an Indi Blue Cooper with white roof and wheels (17") and it looks AMAZING! :D

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Get the indi blue... make sure it's got a white roof... Don't go for the white mag wheels cos they look sh*t :)... The silver 17" look the biz!!!

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
I'm going to hang on for my ideal spec Cooper OR S (still not 100% sure)
How come?

I have to admit having owned a Cooper for a Couple of weeks now apart from its problems; I find it a very capable car.

However, the devil inside me is pushing me towards the Cooper S. Even though I won't use the extra power half the time, it is just nice to know its there:p

LMB:D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Re: Indi Blue!

Thanks for all the replies! Still not sure what to do, as for the black being a bugger to keep clean I know what you mean, use to drive a black Merc C-Class.
My favorite colour is Silver to be honest, the BMW 318Ci I drive at the mo looks ace even when its filthy. One problem tho, Silver Mini's! No offence to people who have Silver Mini's but on a Mini Cooper with a Black Roof I just don't like it. On A Mini One it looks cool. I suppose I could go for a silver Cooper with Silver Roof, but I want people to know its a cooper by seeing a differant colour roof. Hmmm Will see what the poll says at the end of today!
Thanks guys (and gals)

Spelling corrected now, was in a rush when I first wrote this!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Wait for the MINI YOU want. You might end up regreting the 1st MINI that comes along & wish you had bought the Cooper Instead :D :D :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Damian

Here is a pic of blue & white with white 17" wheels.

I suggest you see if you can get a pic of your other choice and compare.

The metallic black will be easier to keep clean than the solid black.

IMHO, the indo blue will stand out and say something. The black car will be more subdued and unassuming.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
OOOOOOO that Cooper looks stunning with those white 17's :D :D :D

A big thumbs up :cool: :cool: :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
That Blue and White Coop is EXACTLY the same as mine, and all I can say is that in the metal it looks even better...a truly stunning motor that really turns a lot of heads.

GET ONE!!! :D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks fo r your views everybody! I have top say I'm going with the Vote for the Black one. Might be a bugger to clean but hey I know I'll be happy with it! Thanks to CMT for his advbice as he's made it so I'll probablt get the Black one in March which is cool. Looking forward to the Mini Meet at Middlebrook (Reebok) tonight, should be a laugh. Wish I had a Mini to go to it tho! No Matter! Seeya there guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts