MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,i am new to the forum and i don't currently own a mini.

I want to get one now in september,the Cooper S works. I currently drive an Audi A4 3.0 TDI quattro (fantastic car) but i'm form Romania,and Bucharest gest more and more crouded and i can't find parking space and the audi si not that practical for the city. I recon it's even more crouded than London,as i've been in in February with my audi to a friend of mine and i could find parking space.

Anyway,i don't want to get offtopic,what should i get,the 2nd generation cooper s works or should i get a 1st gen cooper s works,second-hand from germany? is the 2nd gen worth 10-15.000 euro more?i gen the mini cooper s works in romania for 39.000euro (we have loads of tax to pay :angry: )

I want the car to be full options,including leather,sat nav,harman/kardon,etc. The money is not an option,as i really love this car. I had a test drive and the sensation si just awsome....in the audi it feels like u're in the back row of a war,just comanding,where's in the mini,u're in the front row...it's just fantastic.

Anyway,i would be really glad if u could answer me,Thanks everyone :p

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Both the r53 and the r56 works cars are great fun.

I own an r53 JCW and would say that it's more of a 'drivers car' than the r56. The r56 is excellent, just a little bit more like a BMW to drive, ie., a little softer.

If you do want a very specific specification, you may struggle to get everything on a used car, however you will save a lot of money buying used. If you do want a fully-loaded MINI, in a specific colour, then I think you'll need to order a new car.

My advice is to try and get a test-drive of r56 (factory) and r53 JCW's cars as they're very different.

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,165 Posts
Just like Prowse says, these are very different cars!

Be sure to test drive them both before choosing; it's very easy to like one, yet hate the other!

Tigger.

Reactions: ChloeG

·
Registered
691 Posts
Get a year old one...save a fortune !

Mpg is much better on the R56 mini's....definitely worth considering with the way petrol keep on going up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts