MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum so forgive me if tis is an old topic...

I have just rebuilt a 'lightly crashed' '06 Cooper S JCW for Targa Newfoundland but have a bad brake problem I can't solve! Brake pedal is soft despite multiple bleedings, replacement of master cylinder (twice), booster. Checked all calipers, lines, vacuum check valve -- all good. Tried everything I can think of and I'm getting desperate! Car leaves for the event in just over a week!

Has anyone had this experience? Has anyone had an issue with the DSC (ABS) pump?

Any, all help appreciated.

Doug Mepham
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is not in front of me but last thing I remember, they were (left on the left, right on the right).

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Its a long shot but Ive seen it before on various cars with the caliper upside down you cant bleed the last bit of air out ,and you seem to have replaced everything else twice -you do feel silly if this is the problem been there twice myself !!!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I'd LOVE to feel silly if this is the fix. Going to check right now!
Best of luck with that as to quote the Bentley manual "Once air enters the hydraulic unit (of the ABS) , it is very difficult to remove using traditional methods" Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Replaced the DSC (ABS) pump. No improvement.

Anyone have any ideas at all???
Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
thewalster

Hi try clamping all the flexible brake hoses at the top of the hoses and see if the pedal is harder. If pedal improves remove one clamp at a time to locate problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting. All hoses are braided stainless. Don't know what kind of clamping pressure we can exert on them but will find out and report back.

Thanks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts