MINI Cooper Forum banner

Help with kids carseat....

7K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  MukulDhiman 
#1 ·
Help!!!!
I have a mini cooper'07 and a 10 month old baby. Until now I had a cybex Aton infant carseat which worked fine until now, but she is growing out of it. I have asked around what to get now, but I am really sick of hearing that I should change my car :(
Does anybody know which carseat would work and is available and allowed in New York.

Thank you!

#2 ·
the dilemma you have is if you want/need to go rear facing. Rear facing is recommended to age 2, but as far as i can tell not the "law".

Rear facing seats protrude forward a good bit more, and i'm sure you will need to climb into the back to fasten the kid into the seat.

Once you go forward facing you should be fine. Choose a more "basic" seat without huge headrests, bolsters, cup holders etc.

#3 ·
We had to go with the Orbit Baby toddler seat and base. It rotates about 120 or 130 degrees from rear facing so that you can put your child in and then rotate them to face the back. Sort of pricey and not a perfect solution but it allows you to keep your MINI! And at two years they can ride in it facing forward for a while, and you can take out the rotating base and just latch in the seat itself.

Plus, after they grow out of it and you've moved to just the booster seat you can re-sell the seat and base- they're always in demand on Craigslist and such because the initial price is a little much.

As far as I know the law is that your child has to face the back until they are two. Don't know if such a thing is enforced, however.

Val

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.