MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just purchased JCW 18" Rims, and I was wondering, does anyone have any idea how could you take out the center cap out from its place after you have pushed it in ??

Are there any recommendations i should know before I jack up the car and put them on ?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
In your tool kit there should be alun key, either in the tool kit or with the jack, this is supposed to go in one of the holes to get it off gently, its the same centre cap (I think) as on the 16" x-lite wheels (except yours has the JCW badge in the middle as opposed to Mini).
Failing this you can always use a small flat head screwdriver and put some installation tape or a piece of cloth around it so not to scrath the rim and then simply push it off but be careful when doing this. hope this helps

·
Registered
251 Posts
you should have a tool that looks like a piece of thick wire with a ring at one end (for your finger) then the wire bends at 90 o , put it in one of the holes on the cap and pull off.

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,

I took your advice,, used it,, and now my new JCW are rollllinggggggg on the roads of montreal :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts