MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the time has come to sell my P/W MCS....

Here is a link from piston heads Mini : Mini Cooper S 2005 - Many Extras!

I have had no interest what so ever. Do you think the price is a little high? What do you think my local MINI dealer will give me for it?

Any where else I can advertise on? eBay, Autotrader perhaps?

Regards,

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
No chili pack? Thats unusual, especially if you state it has nearly every option, that then makes me think what else is wrong here and think I'd look elsewhere for a start;) The ad just reads too Arthur Daley, you know that its the ultimate MINI and nothing missing, selling it too hard etc, could be a reason, it would be for me TBH.

Then price, well its a 3 year old MINI, with 30k miles on it, should be more like 10k, 11k tops I'd guess, as the options do not retain the average of 60% value of the car like the book price of a standard MINI with Chili pack does.

Sorry to be so hard, but thats just the way I see it.

·
Firefly
164 Posts
I would possibly consider re-taking your photographs for a couple of reasons...

They appear to be a little foggy or slightly out of focus. Since most casual viewers will usually go straight for the pictures this is your first line of attack with regards to advertising, and hopefully selling a car online... thus very important that this bit is as good as you can possibly make it :cool:

I don't think your that far off the mark it terms of price, I would be looking for more around the 11k mark.. also what you have to remember is that the current market for 2nd hand cars is not not brilliant because of things like the "credit crunch" which the media keep overhyping.

I find e-bay is a great way of generating interest if you can put up with the canvassers! Don't be tempted to pay one of these people to sale your car for you, it is such a scam and waste of money...

Personally I would be tempted to look at part-ex. Very true, you get a bit less for it, but if your going for another MINI then it wouldn't be as bad as trading it in to say a Vauxhall garage. Also you can push hard for a good deal and in the end it might balance out anyhow because you could be waiting to sale this car for a month or two which means all the constant hassle of getting it looking clean again for potential viewings etc.

I hate privately selling a car, mugs that come round and totally scrutinize every little thing just make me cross.

Have you stuck it on here too? :rolleyes:

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
The used car market is very poor at the moment. I think you would need to be around £10k, or maybe even £9950 to get some real interest.

·
Mini Lover
425 Posts
IMO now is not the time to buy or sell a car, with all the credit crunch situation etc.

If you really need to sell it, your going to have to drop the price a fair bit (Id say around £9,000-£9500).

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Didn't the MCS only come with the option for a chili pack???
Also say what is in the visibility pack - not everyone will know about the heated windscreen etc. Other than that, maybe drop the price a little - thats quite a lot even though the condition is good and the spec is high.

·
still learning
1,270 Posts
agree it's not a good time to sell a car unless your willing to drop your price somewhat.

£10 to £11K is a lot of cash to find without a trade in, and the credit crunch is having an effect on loans, etc

best of luck.......................

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Nice car but i think the price is too high. I paid £13k for an 05 MCS JCW from a Mini dealer only two months ago, so i also had 12 months warranty and breakdown. Had 18K miles on the clock.

To make things worse, as the guys have commented on, the current economic situation is not helping so prices are being driven down further.

Good luck though. I do love the pepper white minis!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
What does the Pepper Pack contain?

As those seats are the same as you get with the Chili pack, those wheels are 17" Bullets which were an option on the Chili pack and it has Xenons?

Are you sure it doesn't have the Chili pack instead?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's one thing I need to change then. As the 'pepper pack' is a slight miss type. It has the Chilli pack....

I'll put it on eBay with some better pictures and see what it gets...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Big thumbs down for missing the Chili - that is the first filter & many won't look beyond it. Try adjusting the options list to bring the important items into the top - e.g. Chili pack plus full leather, auto-air con, multi-funtion steering wheel (cruise), 17" alloys, Xenons, Visibility pack (heated windscreen), Chrono pack, whatever the pack name for the folding mirrors was. Other things like the colour roof, bonnet stripes, chrome lines are in the pics anyway. Fix typo in 'brushed steel eff_or_t inserts'. You've repeated some features like auto-air con & climate. Combine FSH, maintenance pack, TLC, warranty. Drop the whole 'As you may or may not know', 'as you can see', 'will not be disappointed', 'pictures do not do it justice'. Add a close up of the alloys (particularly front nearside as that tends to get kerbed the most).

My local dealer has a HB/W 06 plate inc Chili, MFSW, 16" X-lites with 25K for 12.980 - I agree with previous posts that you're probably a little optimistic for a higher mileage, older car despite the extras. These tend to sell the car more easily rather than increase the price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmmm why are there 2 guages, being only new to this mini thing, is it because its super charged? Or do all older models have the 2 guages behind the steering wheel?

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Try autotrader as well - you'll get a larger audience.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts