MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay lots of you have faults with your lovely little mini.
let me know whats wrong i`ll let you know if theres a fix.

Pull to left bmw working on it fix out late march.
Minis before 2002 may need kds & 2002 supension setup.

Windows sunroof open. new bc1 & update soft ware.
If fault still there may be water in the a post conntors
renew pin to fix.

Flat batterys mini fitted with single cd-player voltage holding flating battery. fix new cd-player & battery

thats it for now MINI IS THE TOP FUN CAR AND YOU KNOW THAT ...:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seat fix

Okay seat not working correctly recline mechanism changed. strip seat fit new back rest frame will fix this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi mad-mini,

I wish I shared your confidence. Unfortunately too many of the fixes, that BMW have attempted for the various faults experienced by the new MINI, have proved to be ineffective.
I suspect that quality control issues remain at the root for most of the MINI's glitches. The possible exception being the front suspension, which might need a fundamental re-design.
A pity, as the various problems that are becoming associated with the MINI are making many of us reconsider possible purchase. I suspect that in the long run, BMWs reluctance to be open and honest about the MINIs teething problems, will damage its reputation.

PS. It will take more than the measures that you have suggested to sort out the awful seats. You would still be left with the counter-intuitive mechanism for folding and moving the seats. The shoddy leather used for manufacturing the seats would remain. The lumber support would still be sited in the wrong place and for most users will increase the seats discomfort. What is needed, sooner rather than later, is a complete redesign of the seats.
cheers
Marsh

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Marsh said:
Hi mad-mini,

I wish I shared your confidence. Unfortunately too many of the fixes, that BMW have attempted for the various faults experienced by the new MINI, have proved to be ineffective.
I suspect that quality control issues remain at the root for most of the MINI's glitches. The possible exception being the front suspension, which might need a fundamental re-design.
A pity, as the various problems that are becoming associated with the MINI are making many of us reconsider possible purchase. I suspect that in the long run, BMWs reluctance to be open and honest about the MINIs teething problems, will damage its reputation.

PS. It will take more than the measures that you have suggested to sort out the awful seats. You would still be left with the counter-intuitive mechanism for folding and moving the seats. The shoddy leather used for manufacturing the seats would remain. The lumber support would still be sited in the wrong place and for most users will increase the seats discomfort. What is needed, sooner rather than later, is a complete redesign of the seats.
cheers
Marsh
I've said it before, most Faults and Fixes posts are written by people who read about the MINI but don't actually own one! ;)

A pity, as the various problems that are becoming associated with the MINI are making many of us reconsider possible purchase.
Believe me. It will be your loss! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi R1,
I have followed the MINI's development since its inception. I have spent hours drooling over the beast and have driven it. I do not wish the car to fail, I am desperate for it to succeed.

In common with a high percentage of people who read or contribute to this site, I have not as yet purchased a MINI. Also like a fair number of people who read this site I am reconsidering a long held ambition to buy the car. Not because of adverse comments by people who haven't got a MINI, but because of the the multitude of complaints made by those who have got the car.

I have worked in the past being paid to assess the advantages and disadvantages of various vehicles. (In the military rather than the commercial field). Usually I find most peoples comments can be of some use, even if they don't own a particular vehicle. Sorry, but to be frank, I find your comments rather snide, smug and of little use.

Marsh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the know

I do not own a mini just have fix them. All new models have there faults mini old 3ser e36 just as bad. If you want a fault free mini wait approx 2 years.Mini is a top seller.

Interior lamp flashing on & dash lamp on ?
Fix faulty boot catch.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re. in the know

mad-mini

With your access to inside knowledge. Please help shed some light on the left pull issue.

Can you please post the correct geometry settings for MINI One and Cooper?

With that info, owners with the pull problem can go to independent 4-wheel alignment experts and have the geometry checked out.

Also, what are dealers being told about the cause/cure for the pull. And why are some cars affected and others fine?

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
I tend to agree with R1 on this,with all these faults appearing its like a cold when one sees one the other one gets it or even wants it,IMO

LMB,I'm not doubting you have a problem with your MINI,but how can a drift to the left start to be a pull afterwards it just does'nt make sense.:confused:

Please dont flame me,but this car is soooooooooooo good .:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Marsh said:
Sorry, but to be frank, I find your comments rather snide, smug and of little use.Marsh
Oooooooh! :p:eek:
To be frank, I find your comments rather snide, smug and of little use! ;)

Mad-Mini, sorry to rumble your positive post! ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi R1,

Apologies. I looked back over my previous post and in retrospect it was unneccessarily rude. I shouldn't have gobbed off like that.

Cheers
Marsh

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok Oh mad one, please tell me why my flat tyre indicator registers when the tyre pressures are spot on.ie 30-32 cold.
All my dealer mini loan or demos have had tyres seriously over inflated.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Why does the dash/heating vents suffer from thermal expansion ticking noise, any fix? Driving me to distraction.

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
1,048 Posts
Welcome aboard mad-mini, i suspect you will be kept busy.

My question, Is there any way the interior lights can be reprogrammed so that they come on if you open the door/boot with the engine on?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Marsh - no problems with the post - I too was worried by some of the faults. It's been said before, but as the MINI is the highest profile car in years, it attracts more attention (hence this website).

Compare other new cars (which to my knowlege don't have this type of forum for everyone to air they're experiences / issues etc). Which? magazine recently said that 80% of Audi A2 buyers have experienced problems - pretty high. Also from experience, Alfa 147s have had lots of problems since launch. I know BMW have to sort this out, and it's no consolation that the MINI isn't alone, but after driving a Cooper I have to have one. The dealer is fully aware that if I have a problem I expect them to fix it or replace the car.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
dinger said:
LMB,I'm not doubting you have a problem with your MINI,but how can a drift to the left start to be a pull afterwards it just does'nt make sense.:confused:
The pull has always been there, I just had to test it on a varitey of roads to be sure. Dinger I am convinced this problem it extremely wide spread, it is just many people don't even know their car suffers from it. Half the people on this site only know because they were looking for it, me included.

When I mentioned to my dealerships' service manager that my car had a pull he did not even question me, he just said he would put it on the list with the others. Apparently he had quite a few cars that needed repairing.

What really worries me though is:
  • What affect this is having on the other components of the car, such as the brakes
  • Is it going to affect the re-sale value of my cars. It will become common knowledge that cars build before March suffered from this problem
    [/list=a]

To me it just opens a huge can of worms. I think also the fact that BMW have said zip on the matter, just makes things worse.

LMB:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
mad-mini

Does the seat fix cure the problem of jaming if someone
pulls leaver up rather then down?

As this is a pain because I have to let people in the back as everyone else always pulls leaver up resulting in a jamed
seat!!
When this happens buy the way whats the best way to release it.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts