MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have just bought myself my one first mini (used), and now I've noticed a few strange noises, clunks, that I don't what I shoudld do about.
If anybody can help me, it is after deceleration I get this clunk sound, is this normal for the mini, or should I do something about it?
Plus as I am living in the north of Sweden, I need some kind of engineheater installed, does anybody know which kind and how I can get hold of one?
By the way, I have a 1997 Mini cooper 1,3.
Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello!
I have just bought myself my one first mini (used), and now I've noticed a few strange noises, clunks, that I don't what I shoudld do about.
If anybody can help me, it is after deceleration I get this clunk sound, is this normal for the mini, or should I do something about it?
Plus as I am living in the north of Sweden, I need some kind of engineheater installed, does anybody know which kind and how I can get hold of one?
Thanks!
Hi Jean
I think you are in the wrong forum, this forum is for the new BMW mini, i assume yours is the older rover mini.

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Hello!
Thanks!
Hi Jean
I think you are in the wrong forum, this forum is for the new BMW mini, i assume yours is the older rover mini.
:hmph: Funny, but I thought it was for "all models and variants" - which includes the Classic in my books. ;)

Welcome to MINI2 Jean! :D

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Yes it is... The person above may have a Mini, but that should not stop us from helping if we can. ;)

I'm not sure on the clunks (hard to diagnose without hearing them) but it could be engine bushings as mentioned. As for the engine heater.... I would go to a local auto shop and ask them about a block heater for a Mini and see what they can do for you. They should be able to order and install it for you.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Hello!
Thanks!
Your deceleration clunk sound is almost certainly a worn rubber engine mount and / or engine steady bar bushes............very common on classic Mini's but not a very big or expensive job for a garage or mechanic who knows about Minis to fix.
Try asking Mini Club Sweden for engineheater installations, Link below:-
Välkommen till Mini Club Sweden

1 - 6 of 6 Posts