MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
any day now....
141 Posts
Hi all, I'd like to introduce you all to RUO, its taken me a while but I've finally splashed the cash, after much fraught 'negotiation' at Castle MINI in York. Here he is....

He was registered in March 2007 (an 07/07 car in UK speak!) and has the following:
Astro Black Metallic Paint
Roof & Mirror Caps in Body Colour
71" Web Spoke Alloys
Anthracite Roof Lining
ASC+T
CHILI Pack
Chrome-Line Interior
Comfort Access
Heated Mirrors/Washer Jets
HiFi Speaker System
Interior Trim Piano Black
Manual Air Conditioning
Metallic paint
Mirror Caps In BodyColour
Multifunction for S/Wheel
Nationwide Delivery Avaliable
Visibility Pack
Without COOPER Badge

Im also having an iPod interface and a chrome filler cap fitted before delivery on the 6th December. Also considering having the COOPER badge put back on - people might think RUO is a ONE!

One question, RUO seems to be an early build without the "secret storage" compartment above the glovebox - is this easily/cheaply refitted? Ive read stories about it being "sealed" on early cars - can anyone shed any light?

Im well chuffed - ony 15 sleeps and an Exam between here and pick-up, I can't wait!

Brian.

p.s. Cheers to Patrick @ Castle MINI, really pleasant guy to deal with.

·
any day now....
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm really looking forward to getting the keys now!
supadoopacooper said:
I think people might realise it isnt a ONE when you can pull away from them And why would it matter anyway
It doesn't really make any difference, it was actually my Dad who said it! I quite like the clean look at the back myself, to be honest. All MINI's are great fun anyway, love they way they hug the road, right from ONE to COOPER S.

Brian.

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
oohh very nice :D:D Got a nice spec too :cool:

Get a Cooper badge on it too, I happen to prefer a badge to be honest :)

Any plans for some new wheels/decals etc?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Your car is gorgeous:D

Personally , prefer the badge but , it's down to personal choice.

Good luck with your exam:smile:

Love the wheels just upgraded my MCS with those :cool:

Hope the time goes quickly::black:

·
any day now....
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any plans for some new wheels/decals etc?
I think I'll leave the wheels as they are, I think an aero-kit would be a better mod - the web-spokes are stunning wheels IMHO and were one of the reasons I bought the car. Being a student there is not much cash left in the pot for big expensive modifications anyway. So far I've decided on

Cooper S Fuel Filler Cap (dealer fit)
Cooper S Pedals (will fit myself)
Aero Side Scuttles (will fit myself)
"Actual Size" Roof Decal (for Phil to do!)

Im not going to add any garish chrome accessories but I think Ill stick to a black/chrome/silver theme outside.

Brian.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats on the car. Stunning colour, won't have a clean bum for long MINI's get dirty quickly!!! Sure you'll have many many happy an hour behind the wheel :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts