MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
yes, I am well aware and mad they/he did that. Actually one of the representatives of that site ventured on this board. I believe his board name is gmehall. I have already sent him a pm regarding this.

I don't know what else I can do :confused:
and the site is for commercial use so it is in violation of copyright rules??

Please advise... thanks MINIAC! anyone please PM me if you don't want to take up board space. thanks.

Karman

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
The way I understand it is that, unless an image/photo/etc has been copyrighted they are up for grabs. But I am not lawyer so I could be wrong.

They also say this at the bottom of their web site:

All photos and news content are believed to be in the public domain, except where otherwise stated.

So in a way they have admitted the pictures aren't theirs.

LMB:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
dunno m8 not too good because u don't have your name or copyright on those pictures so u can't really force em to take em off :( maybe try asking them nicely...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Credit given!

We sincerely apologize to Karman and anyone else we have offended by posting these pictures without due credit. The situation has been corrected. This was an honest mistake on our part and we in no way meant to offend anyone. If you look at our past news articles and such you will see that this is not the norm for us.

We hope this clears things up and we will be sure not to let this happen again.

Sincerely
George Mehallick
President, MINI-Madness

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Credit given! Thumbs up to MINI Madness

gmehall said:
We sincerely apologize to Karman and anyone else we have offended by posting these pictures without due credit. The situation has been corrected. This was an honest mistake on our part and we in no way meant to offend anyone. If you look at our past news articles and such you will see that this is not the norm for us.

We hope this clears things up and we will be sure not to let this happen again.

Sincerely
George Mehallick
President, MINI-Madness

Nicely said, considering the photo's posted in peoples personal galleries are indeed in the public domain.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: Re: Credit given! Thumbs up to MINI Madness

Basil said:

Nicely said, considering the photo's posted in peoples personal galleries are indeed in the public domain.
Being notified by MINIAC of the situation, I thought it was inappropriate for them to take all the photos from my album and post it in their commercial site, for that reason I raised the flag and brought forth the issue to George. He has handled my messages courteously by acknowledging my concern and adding the original source of my pictures to the website. No harm was done.

I look forward to what his business has in store for us future MINI owners. :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Credit given! Thumbs up to MINI Madness

KarmanS said:

Being notified by MINIAC of the situation, I thought it was inappropriate for them to take all the photos from my album and post it in their commercial site, for that reason I raised the flag and brought forth the issue to George. He has handled my messages courteously by acknowledging my concern and adding the original source of my pictures to the website. No harm was done.

I look forward to what his business has in store for us future MINI owners. :)
I agree wholeheartedly..moving on:

Has anyone else had a good look at their internal shots ?......the center console looks completely different to the cars I've been looking at..

http://www.mini-madness.com/gallery_images/MINI_Nike/index.htm

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Credit given! Thumbs up to MINI Madness

Basil said:

I agree wholeheartedly..moving on:
Has anyone else had a good look at their internal shots ?......the center console looks completely different to the cars I've been looking at..
http://www.mini-madness.com/gallery_images/MINI_Nike/index.htm
hmm... nothing different from what I've seen from other consoles. Is there a pic in particular that you see significant differences? I have taken pics of the center console in various Coopers I've seen. I'll post those pics up sometime.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Credit given! Thumbs up to MINI Madness

KarmanS said:

hmm... nothing different from what I've seen from other consoles. Is there a pic in particular that you see significant differences? I have taken pics of the center console in various Coopers I've seen. I'll post those pics up sometime.
yes, theres one in the middle that shows the console going to the floor between the seats with a couple of buttons on it. Isn't the cooper console full length ? Maybe I'm dreaming !

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
dreaming... 8D

Basil said:

yes, theres one in the middle that shows the console going to the floor between the seats with a couple of buttons on it. Isn't the cooper console full length ? Maybe I'm dreaming !
perhaps you are dreaming. I guess it's a matter of seeing it from the side and seeing it face on that got you mixed up :confused:

look closely, there is a lot of space there :)
http://hobbystage.net/bmwm5/krms/1006932172-000100.jpg
http://hobbystage.net/bmwm5/krms/1006932163-000099.jpg

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: dreaming... 8D

KarmanS said:

perhaps you are dreaming. I guess it's a matter of seeing it from the side and seeing it face on that got you mixed up :confused:

look closely, there is a lot of space there :)
http://hobbystage.net/bmwm5/krms/1006932172-000100.jpg
http://hobbystage.net/bmwm5/krms/1006932163-000099.jpg
Hmmm....thanks for that. It was the area between the console on the floor and the handbrake area, leading into the back where the third cup holder is. For some reason I thought this was continuous, but obviously there is a gap. I'll have another look just to make sure......

·
Registered
64 Posts
A little late in the game to be posting this reply - but as a budding photographer I have opinions on copyright issues. Even if you post your photos on the web - there is an implied copyright on all images taken by you. As soon as you click the shutter on your camera the copyright on the images you take belongs to you. You can not sue for infringement of copyright unless you have registered the photos with the copyright office but just because they are on the web does not make them public domain. Usually a good idea to add a copyright symbol and your name to photos you post publically to remind people that they are not, in fact, available for public use.

Sounds like the situation was resolved well but it never hurts to remind people about their rights.

Shawna
Waiting for my Cooper S

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
mini_girl said:
A little late in the game to be posting this reply - but as a budding photographer I have opinions on copyright issues. Even if you post your photos on the web - there is an implied copyright on all images taken by you. As soon as you click the shutter on your camera the copyright on the images you take belongs to you. You can not sue for infringement of copyright unless you have registered the photos with the copyright office but just because they are on the web does not make them public domain. Usually a good idea to add a copyright symbol and your name to photos you post publically to remind people that they are not, in fact, available for public use.

Sounds like the situation was resolved well but it never hurts to remind people about their rights.

Shawna
Waiting for my Cooper S
Hmmmm.........someone mentioned copyright!!!......

This will vary on the laws of the land to which you come...however lets get serious. If you post your photo's on a "public" web site......your pictures are in the public domain. If you are at all concerned about them being used for "commercial gain" DO NOT POST THEM!!.

On the same hand, don't get cranky when someone uses your photos, and then scan a picture from a magazine (which will state clearly its copyright to these images) WITHOUT asking their permission. :mad:

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Just because something is on the net it doesn't make it copyright free.

In most cases, if you ask the originator, then you get a yes, or even more help than you expected (for example MiniMag reproducing some of our content, and us getting help from 4Car by being prompted when they have new MINI stuff online).

The trouble is that it can get very hard to tell who the orinator is!

:)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Just because something is on the net it doesn't make it copyright free.

In most cases, if you ask the originator, then you get a yes, or even more help than you expected (for example MiniMag reproducing some of our content, and us getting help from 4Car by being prompted when they have new MINI stuff online).

The trouble is that it can get very hard to tell who the orinator is!

:)
'think i'll hang up my "copyright" hat for a while, but as someone who earns a living from being paid for design & drawings, it costs me money when someone pinches them. It's a question of balance. Even if you havn't asked the originator, or can't contact them, please at least state from where you got the pictures/articles. This would help the situation.

Jakx has got the message....

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts