MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! I am new here. I haven't purchased a mini yet, but I plan to get the automatic cooper s in 2005. :)

·
MINI2 New-ish
29 Posts
Kellzir,

If you can get your name on a list at your local dealer you may want to do that now. The waiting list can be quite long. Especially for the S models (6-9 months for the S Convertible (MCSC)).

I knew they had the CVT transmission as an option on the regular Coopers (MC) but didn't know that was an option on the Cooper S (MCS).

I have a Cooper Convertible on the way - should be here next month!

Welcome to the forum!

JR

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jrowley - this may sound like a stupid question, but how much money do you put down to have be on a waiting list? When I went to the dealership, the salesmen weren't helpful, they probably assumed I wasn't going to purchase a car. So I was unable to get much information. Thanks

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
For me when i bought my first and second mini's the deposit was 500.00

·
Registered
733 Posts
Kellzir said:
this may sound like a stupid question, but how much money do you put down to have be on a waiting list? When I went to the dealership, the salesmen weren't helpful, they probably assumed I wasn't going to purchase a car. So I was unable to get much information. Thanks
Hi Kellzir -
Welcome to MINI2! You'll find a lot of helpful people here.
I'm also in the Bay Area, and suggest that you consider which of the 4 dealerships you want to buy from. I bought mine from East Bay MINI (in Pleasanton) in January '04. they were the only dealership in this area that didn't charge over MSRP (most were $1,000 - $3,000 over MSRP). I had a great experience with East Bay MINI, but they do have a long wait list. I waited almost 5 months for my Cooper CVT, and the wait for the Cooper S was 10-12 months (at the time).

Hope this helps.

oops - forgot to mention that East Bay MINI requires a $1,000 (full refundable) deposit.

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
Kellzir said:
Jrowley - this may sound like a stupid question, but how much money do you put down to have be on a waiting list? When I went to the dealership, the salesmen weren't helpful, they probably assumed I wasn't going to purchase a car. So I was unable to get much information. Thanks
Welcome to MINI2. :) If your salesman is treating you like that perhaps you should look for another dealer :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts