MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on mini2,and have ordered a Cooper S in June for mid October delivery.
The current spec is has follows:
DS/DS cooper s with matching wing mirrors.
Darkened Glass.
Chill Pack.
Gravity Black Leather.
Exterior Mirror Pack for folding mirrors.
Head Airbags.
Boost/CD Player.
Alloy Platina Dash.

Not sure about the options below and the head air bags above,any thoughts,comments,advice appreciated.

Not sure about the platina dash or to go with the anthracite dash?
HK hi fi?
Anthracite headlining or go with the standard?
Auto air con?
Visibility pack?

Regards Ray ;)

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Congratulations, hope the wait goes quickly for you... :)
Nice spec, I would deffo have the anthracite headlining, I love it. I've also got the Alu patina dash and think it looks great, I didn't want to go to dark on the dash with the headlining being so much darker. Although I think the anthracite dash looks the business.
There are some pics of the headlining in my gallery if you want an idea of what it looks like.
Oh, and welcome of course... :D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I like my alloy patina dash. Easy to guess it would be alittle err too much, but I love mine after close to 2 years.
I also like my auto AC though some are just naturally pre-dispositioned not to want the car to make the AC decisions for 'em. Never had any problems with it myself.
I like the light headliner. Doesn't spoil the look, but makes the top of the interior more open feeling.
I think you should listen to the HK and make your own decision. Most who put a high priority on their sound system just install aftermarket anyway.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice Choice!! :D

Same as mine!

I would go for the Anthracite headlining I didn't now about it until my car had already arrived at the garage (Baz F has got some great pics of headlining). I'm now waiting until 1st Sept to pick her up (she has been at the garage for two weeks now). visibility pack is also a good idea especially in winter with that heated windscreen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for the advice.
Used the search on here and it's seems all down to personal preference.
Not sure if I should go with the head air bags,the dealer said many don't go with them,has the mini is one of the safest cars in it's class.

Just the platina V anthracite dash which I cannot choose between!

Thanks again,
Ray.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Welcome to Mini2:) I'm going to amend your title if that's ok? just to make the subject clearer.

Nice Spec.:cool:

With regards to the following:
Not sure about the platina dash or to go with the anthracite dash? --------> Alloy Pinta Dash
HK hi fi? ------->I'd go the aftermarket route. I've heard the HK and wasn't that impressed
Anthracite headlining or go with the standard? ------->Standard, the Anthracite makes it a bit dark
Auto air con? -----------> Waste of money, I know people who've had it change back to manual on their next Mini
Visibility pack? -------> Useful option, the only draw back are the wires in the windscreen. I bet they'd be dear to replace.

I hope that helps.;)

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Looks like a great spec...

I would agree that if you are going for the anthracite headlining, I would stick with the Alloy dash... It would be just too dark otherwise IMO. but then again, that's what i went for :)

I didn't end up going for the HK.... but it's down to preference and level of importance.

Good luck

·
Registered
215 Posts
i like the anthracite dash better because the middle pillars and the door panels are darker too. with the alloy patina, you still get some light silver on the door handles and in the middle.

as far as HK, i've heard that's it's just OK and probably not worth the extra $550.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's being built and should get it 1st November 2004

Well the car is almost here and this is what I wen't for.
DS/DS
Chilli Pack
Gravity Black Leather Interior
Alloy Platina
CD Boost and HK Hi Fi
Heated Seats
Visibility Package
Exterior Mirror Pack
Dark Glass
Head Air Bags
Auto Air Con
Heated Seats

Roll on the 1st!
Regards Ray ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I get mine in Jan and I've got a similar spec to you! defo going for the alloy patina dash and anthracite headlining! think it looks great together.

Bet you can't wait, the only thing I'm undecided on is whether to have DS/DS or DS/B! :confused:

Happy waiting...... ;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I was worried about the alloy patina dash when I ordered my MCS but, after 2 years, I really like it. You don't normally focus on it as a fake mchine finish, but as a dark, metallic dash that goes well with the black of the dash pad and the dark grey of the seats. I think it's especially appropriate with dark exterior colors like black and dark silver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got It!

Got the car on Friday 5th at last.
The DS/DS looks awesome,truly addictive driver's car.
All the option's well worth the money.
Will post some picture's asap.
Regards Ray
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
raytom
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing