MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
First of all I have to apologize, English isn't my native language so it may hard to understand what I have said.

I am an owner of two MINIs. R50 2002 and R53 JCW 2006. Both was purchased new. JCW was upgraded with GP engine parts.
Moreover I have been working for BMW/MINI during more than nineteen years like a technical staff so have a bit of technical knowledge.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hi Sven, going to pick your brains, 2008 cooper s r56, Fitted pair of rear discs with pads.
Now have a Knocking from the left side rear wheel when under hard braking, noise also happens when applying hand brake. noise gets quicker with speed, sound like something is on the disc. So this what iv done. Swapped the discs over, fitted a second set of pads, fitted new hub bearing to left rear, (comes with ABS ring) checked pins are moving in caliper, checked pads are not moving in caliper, checked both discs for uneven machining, both perfect, checked wheel bolts are tight.
Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated on this as its giving me brain ache.
Discs and pads were fitted first for MOT, car passed MOT.
Noise appeared under heavy braking.
Any ideas??????????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.