MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to find answers and connect with the community here. I have a low mileage R50 that I bought off my sister so she could put the money towards my niece at university. Not gonna lie the Mini needs some love.

The BCM went bad so I just replaced that. No signal or brakelights. I was able to pull the coding from the failed unit with NCS EXPERT then write it to the used replacing unit but now the remotes to unlock and lock the doors do not work.

The resistor in the fan shroud is bad so I need to replace that.
Once I parked the car in the garage one day I went to start it with the clutch, I pulled the shifter out of 1st to neutral but it wouldn't move and then the shifter bushing snapped off at the transmission.

·
Registered
2005 Mini Cooper
83 Posts
Hi mate, I can only advise on shifter cables - not the end of the world, bit of a mission to access but easy to do. You can either order new cables or a complete unit, and instructions are here:

·
Registered
2004 Mini Cooper R50 Chili Red, Midlands 5 speed manual
216 Posts
If it’s the plastic bushing on the end of the shifter cable that self-destructed, a bearing supply house might be able to track a replacement down.

The shifter cable is made for a MINI, but the parts they used to assemble the cable would be standard size cable, bushings, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts