MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013: Mini Cooper S R59 Roadster in Chilli Red
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my name is Steve and I currently reside in leafy Surrey and love nothing better than zipping up and down country lanes in my Chilli Red Mini Cooper S Roadster. I’m currently in the process of de-chroming her. Had some issues with her initially, but seems to have worked itself out now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Steve, are you de-chroming, brake cooling ducts and rear bottom lights? If so I have them on my 2011 R56 LCI MCS in black, did you fancy doing a swap? That's if it's a straight swap, and I live near Northampton. Also love the steering wheel, wish I had one on mine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
To be honest no, but I'm sure they are just clipped on? Also if you didn't want to do a swap and you still have the chrome brake duct and rear bottom lights amd want to get ride of them, please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you can find out how to remove the pieces we can work out a deal

·
Registered
54 Posts
I found this for the front brake ducts, but the video is about painting them. About 3 minutes in it shows how to take the duct off, and looks easy.

Hope the link works.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This one is for the rear bumper lights, but doesn't really show you how to take the chrome plastic off, but shows how to take the lights off, and plastic surrounding should be held on by clips, about 6.50 mintues into shows how to take the lights off. This could be some help?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I found this for the front brake ducts, but the video is about painting them. About 3 minutes in it shows how to take the duct off, and looks easy.

Hope the link works.

I tried unsuccessfully to remove both chrome parts, but could not get them to budge without breaking them. A garage nearby who put on my side stripes and tinted my rear lights
says they can wrap both parts for a very reasonable price, so I’m gonna go down that road.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is that option, and at least you don't have to a thing, but your mini does look nice, and will look great once you dechrome the last few bits. Thanks for getting back to me, and hope all goes well with your motor. 👍🏻

1 - 17 of 17 Posts