MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone at Mini2,

i've just registered after purchasing my MCS R53 (pretty sure thats the right model) yesterday. Took me a couple of weeks but i found the right one, Dark Silver with SatNav and Sunroof, 45K miles 02 plate with all the usual extras.
I'm not looking to go all out with body kits etc, but rather subtle changes like tints, aero grille, maybe even have the black plastic bodywork painted the same colour. Any other suggestion? please bear(sp?) in mind my budget isn't huge. :rolleyes:

With the intro done, i'd like to crack on and get advise from all of you Mini Boff's. :p

Firstly when i bought the car i was under the impression it didn't have Xenons, which i could clearly see. This didn't stop me from buying it, as i was driving home i got a phone call from the seller saying it did have Xenons, as you could imagine i was a bit confused....you can't really miss the glare of Xenon Headlamps.

So my question is, is it possible to put in normal bulbs into a Xenon Array? If so how can i check to see if my car really does have Xenons?

I've been reading in some of the topics that Retrofitting Xenons is a fairly big job and can be very expensive. I've been playing around on Ebay and seen quite a few Xenon headlamps available and at a good ptice (including ignitor and bulbs) how much would i be looking at to pay to have something like that installed or would i be better off buying top end bulbs from somewhere like Halford?

and breathe.......(phew) :eek:

Secondly, i've seen some pre R56 models have an almost 3D like GUI for thier SatNav, can i install that into my R53? At the moment i'm really happy with what i've got, but i'd like to upgrade if possible.

If i think of more stuff, i'll be sure to ask. I'll also post some pics in the next few days.

Thanks in advance!

Soh

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your Q's ,as I'm new too, but just wanted to say welcome & congrats on only taking a couple of wks to get your car. I'm still looking, it's been about 3 months now! ;-(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got my MCS insured today, not a bad price from Admiral, £680 including breakdown cover for 10 months (@10 months i get my 1 year NCB 2 months early so i can renew using it) so i'm a happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts