MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an order for a MCC this past Sunday and hope to be getting a fun present for the family to enjoy this X-mas season. This is a great place to learn about the car and share some good times.

Tom

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Do keep us posted on the progress of your order...to be by Christmas would mean --what--7 or 8 weeks to delivery...that would be very expeditious from what I've seen.

Order Specs?

Let me say it first BTW...ignore what the MINIUSA site says about your production status...call 1 866 ASK MINI and use the automated system.

Welcome to the wait!

Peter...expectant MINI keeper...in Denver

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 3 dealers I visited in south Florida and the two I called in central Florida all said it was a 6 to 8 week wait when ordering a car. I was surprised about the expected delivery times after reading the forum about the long waits.

Since the wife will be the primary driver, she had the final say on the car. There is a blue top and black sport seats. I was allowed to pick the blue trim and the 7 hole wheels.... I couldn't fit my finger to the back of the ends of the split in the 5-spoke to clean out the brake dust.

I'm more excited about the car than she is, so I'll follow your recommendation. I can see the wait being too long already.

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
too cool blue! said:
I was allowed to pick the blue trim and the 7 hole wheels.... I couldn't fit my finger to the back of the ends of the split in the 5-spoke to clean out the brake dust.
I'm more excited about the car than she is, so I'll follow your recommendation. I can see the wait being too long already.

Hmmmmmm...the force is strong in this one....

Peter...who regularly removes his wheels for backside cleaning...in Denver

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Paul....you're doing a great job with this forum. There is a lot of info here.

I got an email saying the car was scheduled for production and called MiniUSA to hear it is a week 47 build...that's next week! Maybe it could be 6 weeks from order to delivery. It will be great for this season!

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
too cool blue! said:
Placed an order for a MCC this past Sunday and hope to be getting a fun present for the family to enjoy this X-mas season. This is a great place to learn about the car and share some good times.

Tom
The best place.;)

Hi.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts