MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S Convertible 2010 (N18)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening to you all. I thought I'd join the forum having recently purchased an R57 2010 (N18).

I'll be honest, I bought this car quite naively; my eagerness to have the more powerful version of the 2007 cooper convertible I had before encouraged me to buy the car without knowing to much about the potential pitfalls.

Anyway, by luck rather than judgement, I've got the N18 engine which seems to be a beneficial outcome according to the things I've read regarding the reliability compared to the N14.

All fears aside: I love the car. I've had it two weeks and it's a bundle of dynamite. However, the things I read online nag at my subconscious.

I'm not mechanically minded but I'm happy to try things that are within the reach of someone who can follow clear instructions without mechanical training.

A couple of issues exist with the car.

First off: the climate controls in the centre have a faulty display. I've found a second hand unit on eBay but need guidance on getting the old one or and the new one in.

Secondly, the car can pull to the right at times, but not always. Reading this evening has led me to articles regarding mushrooming shock towers. I haven't had chance to check if that's the cause but that's something that I'm hoping is not the cause.

And then there's the big fear - timing chain. The engine sounds okay (73000 miles) and I've read engine oil checks and changes are key to keeping this at bay.

That's where I'm at with this wonderful car.

Any pointers, advice or people local to Folkestone, Kent, please get back to me.

Cheers to you all.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S Convertible 2010 (N18)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update for those who are interested...

Checked for mushrooming and the shock towers couldn't be more level. That made me very relieved. ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts