MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've thought of this a few times (sad I know). But a hidden benifit to the MINI has to be the side of the car the fuel filler pipe is.

Most cars have theirs on the drivers side, and often when I go to fill up there are queues to the pumps for that side, but it's clear on the other side.

I just park on the 'wrong side' in the Clio and drag the fuel pump accross, but not many people seem to do that.

My Mini has twin tanks and fillers, so it's no bother either way in that one!

:)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The MINI needs a feul tank system like that on the Peugeot 306 3dr. A faul cap filler on each side :cool:
The best of both worlds :D :D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
I've thought of this a few times (sad I know). But a hidden benifit to the MINI has to be the side of the car the fuel filler pipe is.

Most cars have theirs on the drivers side, and often when I go to fill up there are queues to the pumps for that side, but it's clear on the other side.

I just park on the 'wrong side' in the Clio and drag the fuel pump accross, but not many people seem to do that.

My Mini has twin tanks and fillers, so it's no bother either way in that one!

:)
Hmmm that should be a new option for the car (dual filler pipes) *L* Going to take me a while when I get car to get used to wrong side filling. Every car i've driven has had it on the drivers side *DOH*

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The fuel cap was on the left hand side of my 2000MY Fiesta so it shouldnt take much to get used too :)
Just gotta look cool when filling it up :D :D
No over spill & make sure i shake before I withdraw :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
888 Posts
The fuel filler on the MINI is on the same side as all genuinely British cars - ever! Same side as the original Mini and all Rovers etc. Perhaps a demonstration that the MINI wasn't always BMW through and through...

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fact that most cars have the filler on the drivers side (UK speaking) these days is a sad reflection on the British motor industry then I guess.

:(

I thought (and I could be wrong) that Aston Martin cars had the filler on the drivers side (UK wise).. you cant get (or at least coulcn't get) much more British than those.

;)

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
smiffy said:
The fuel cap was on the left hand side of my 2000MY Fiesta so it shouldnt take much to get used too :)
Just gotta look cool when filling it up :D :D
No over spill & make sure i shake before I withdraw :D :D :D :D
You see!! You see!! ... "knob" jokes again! What is it with you people!! :rolleyes: :D

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
Fuel Filler

The little petrol pump icon on the fuel gauge has a little arrow in it pointing to the side that the fuel filler is on. Most new cars esp. Fords have this feature. I know, I know, I'm sad and I've read the handbook too much!

When I fill up I only shake three times before I withdraw!!:D :D (Sorry R1, couldn't resist!)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
R1 said:

You see!! You see!! ... "knob" jokes again! What is it with you people!! :rolleyes: :D
Well I didnt say anything about 'knobs' :eek: :eek: :eek:
That was you :rolleyes: ;) ;) :D :D

(thought this was a family site :confused: :confused: :D :D )

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Re: Fuel Filler

dietcokeplease said:
The little petrol pump icon on the fuel gauge has a little arrow in it pointing to the side that the fuel filler is on. Most new cars esp. Fords have this feature. I know, I know, I'm sad and I've read the handbook too much!

When I fill up I only shake three times before I withdraw!!:D :D (Sorry R1, couldn't resist!)
Oh my god! DC posts a message!!

:D

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
lightbody said:
The fuel filler on the MINI is on the same side as all genuinely British cars - ever! Same side as the original Mini and all Rovers etc.
Hmmm, MGBs have the fuel filler on neither the left nor the right, but on the back (on the right side of the back, to be precise). Does this mean I should back mine up to fuel pumps? :p

-Ricardo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts