MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I can't remember how to bring up the hidden Sat Nav menu. Could you please refresh my memory. I can't find the instructions in a search anymore.

Thanks,
Gizmo

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could someone give exact instructions please

Gizmo

·
Registered
101 Posts
hidden menu

Press Menu button and rotate and click on settings screen and then just press the menu button until the hidden menu comes up........let me know if there is anything of use!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
There's nothing there that is of any use to you or I really. I once went into it, and on exiting the whole monitor went dead for about 15 minutes. Be careful!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last Option in the Menu

The very last option in the 'hidden' menu (the name escapes me at the moment) allows you to enter info, like reg number, sms number and another telephone number. What is this all about? Can anyone clarify what this is for and what it might do?

·
Registered
101 Posts
what's it for

I think that this may be extra features that only work on other vehicles in bmw range like the 7 series but i think the sat nav may integrate with some sort of system to send info about car ( where it is and reg etc ) when broken down?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
jionty said:
I think that this may be extra features that only work on other vehicles in bmw range like the 7 series but i think the sat nav may integrate with some sort of system to send info about car ( where it is and reg etc ) when broken down?
Yes, as far as I'm aware it is 'in' stuff from the BMW side of things where your car can 'call' for assistance in the event of an accident. It's of no use in MINI.

·
Registered
329 Posts
hello, does anyone know if you can set the screen so that when you turn on the car, the screen doesn't come on. you have to activate it by clicking a button instead?
i do a lot of local driving and find it a pain having to get in the car and every time turn the sat nav off whilst i drive
thanks
mattyc

·
Registered
329 Posts
just wondered if you could do anything about it
the audi's have the option-hoped the mini would!
when i ask in dealerships, they just go all glass eyed on me!

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
mattyc said:
just wondered if you could do anything about it
the audi's have the option-hoped the mini would!
when i ask in dealerships, they just go all glass eyed on me!
I think the latest firmware upgrade fixes this problem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts