MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A while ago my mates VTR got broke into. They nicked his head unit as the silly arse only put the face plate in his door hole thing. But the B******S ripped his back seats down to and nicked his CD Changer right out the boot (its surprising they didn't nick his parcel shelf as it had £300 of Kenwood speakers in it which he's transferred to his new VTS the git....anyway...)

Anyway my point, is there anywhere you could put the 6 MD Changer that isn't as obvious. i don't want to put it nder the seat as its bound to get kicked. What iwas wondering, as I'm gettin the 17" wheels no spare and no Mini mobility effort thing, is there any room underneith the carpet in the boot? I know its still in the boot but its not exactly the easist place to get into (for thiefs going in from the front). It woulnd't bother me it being hard to get to as I wouldn't be changin them very often (been creating a permanant car set of MD's for the changer)

So any suggestions. I know theres some serious ICE people out there so any help would be greatly received.

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
feel free to disassemble my (sorry, neo's) car any time ;) :D I'm sure you'll find a space somewhere... There is a small space under the carpet in the boot, but I'm not sure if it's big enough for a Mini Disc changer. How about putting it on one of the shelves and blocking it off??

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
you could mount the changer under the passenger side shelf - it won't be seen. Just be careful it doesn't get kicked or anything....

Dom

·
Registered
179 Posts
What about under the seats? Is there any room under there for a cd changer. I know one of my friends put one under his seat. You would hardly think of looking there for it. And its easily reachable while driving to ad a cd or md.

J

·
Registered
416 Posts
my alpine CD changer fits in the hole in the boot where mobility kit goes (cooper), but, found out MCS has battery there! so i have built a false floor for the boot and will suspend from that!

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
diverse said:
my alpine CD changer fits in the hole in the boot where mobility kit goes (cooper), but, found out MCS has battery there! so i have built a false floor for the boot and will suspend from that!
*LMAO*

This thread is from before I had my cooper! :D

Having CD changer fitted on Monday in the hole where the mobility system goes as it fits perfect.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damo said:

*LMAO*

This thread is from before I had my cooper! :D

Having CD changer fitted on Monday in the hole where the mobility system goes as it fits perfect.
This didn't happen (see thread AA= alchoilics Anomonous). Mikey the mini fitted a MD changer in the dash board under the toggles. will have pictures soon now I've fnished the front cover

·
Registered
560 Posts
Damo said:

Anyway my point, is there anywhere you could put the 6 MD Changer that isn't as obvious.
I've been wondering this myself. The arm rests for the back seats have intrigued me for awhile. Is there a cavity back there? And if so, could the padding be modified into an access door for concealing the MD player?

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Hiding an MD changer

BrantV said:

I've been wondering this myself. The arm rests for the back seats have intrigued me for awhile. Is there a cavity back there? And if so, could the padding be modified into an access door for concealing the MD player?
Don't think so, you'd have to seriously modify the panels if you did but I don't think there is a lot of room behind the panels. Cols 6x9's when he fitted them only just fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts