MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have seen on my other thread that I have fitted the Aero Kit and I would like to remove the orange sidemarkers that are in the bumpers?

I'm ok about not taking them out as it would leave big nasty holes and I have seen on another thread that someone used blackuout tape....which unfortuantely I ran out of about 2 weeks ago which has to be ordered from the US.

Has anyone any other methods to do this?

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess mine must be special!!!! LOL!!!

I only have them in the front cause I bought all the bits of the kit seperately!!

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can buy replacement plastic trim without the orange bits. They unscrew and unclip in and out.
where Laura.....PLEASE enlighten me!!!!!!!

Or do you have to replace the hole trim or is this something that just fills the hole???

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what I've found so far on Outmotoring:

Tinted Side Reflector Film

There's something annoying about those pesky side reflectors. Maybe just their existance is enough to be annoying. They break the clean lines of the body trim and are super bright. With the black trim surrounding them they are often one of the first things people see. With this tinted side reflector film, you can kick them back a few notches and help them blend into the body trim. The lights can still be seen as required by law but they are much darker. Ships free in the USA. Outside US please order with other items.

Would normal tinting film do, as I've got some here at home?

:confused:

Attachments

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
At some poitn in the future I am going to be replacing mine with clear ones from eBay in the USA.

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At some poitn in the future I am going to be replacing mine with clear ones from eBay in the USA.
Yeah I've seen those! Think I would rather get rid of them altogether TBH...as mine arent connected!

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no but its a lot easier if you take wheel arch liner off to get to plastic clips but you do get new clips on the ones you can buy
Cheers mate!!:biggrin:

I'll be brave and give it a go with tinting film and if that all goes wrong at least I know I can change the trim!!!!;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i dont think the trim is removeable? the whole bumper is one piece and the black bit is just painted on if you're talking about that bit... i think the best bet would be to get some plast x paint and paint them so they match the rest of the bumper

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont think the trim is removeable? the whole bumper is one piece and the black bit is just painted on if you're talking about that bit... i think the best bet would be to get some plast x paint and paint them so they match the rest of the bumper
I've just bought a can of Plastidip to do my indicator vents...do you think this would be ok to put on the sidemarkers?? Think it might look bodged!!!

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought I would make the most of this lovely weather and get stuck in with this tinting film on these sidemarkers!!

I put two layers on each sidemarker and I used a hairdryer to make sure they bonded well!!

It was very easy and only took 15mins!!!

What do you guys think of the end result???:confused:

I'm really happy and prefer the look without them!:D

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts