MINI Cooper Forum banner

High pressure fuel pump types

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mike1967 
#1 ·
Hello, does anybody know if R56 Cooper and Cooper S models use exactly the same type of high pressure fuel pump or are they any different?
Need to replace the one on my 2007 Cooper, all l've been offered had been pumps for Cooper S models...
Many thanks, Volker

#3 ·
Regular mini cooper r56 that are outfitted with the N12, or N16 engine do not have high pressure fuel pumps. Only the N14 and N18 have the High pressure fuel pump. And they are the same.
You would be looking for a low level fuel pump if you do not have the turbo charger on your engine.
Standard in tank fuel pump.

#5 ·
Regular mini cooper r56 that are outfitted with the N12, or N16 engine do not have high pressure fuel pumps. Only the N14 and N18 have the High pressure fuel pump. And they are the same.
You would be looking for a low level fuel pump if you do not have the turbo charger on your engine.
Standard in tank fuel pump.
the n18 and n14 pumps are not the same as each other reason i know this is i have a guy who refurbs them and they are not the same according to him,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.