MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all

I have a mini cooper s 2003 with a HK system i am debating if i should buy the hk enaber from Mikey or I should change the amp. I do like how the cars sounds now but would like it a bit more louder and more bassey i do have a JL 12” sub to go in if required but not to sure can you guys/girls throw any idea my way as i am open to suggestions .

RiShY

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
If you change the amp, plan to also replace all the speakers - they are tailored to the HK and there are for example no crossovers.
Also, there's only one set of L/R speaker level wires from head unit to amp position. That might or might not be an issue for you.

An aftermarket HU with HKenabler will provide some improvement - especially if you get a good HU (of course, I might be biased!)
But don't expect lots of extra volume - if you overdrive the HK amp inputs, you'll simply get distorted sound out.

An aftermarket HU is a great way to drive a subwoofer, while leaving the HK driving the other speakers, since you can then control sub level from HU rather than tapping in to the HK wiring.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive taken the plunge and order the HK Enbabler from mike - now to get someone to fit the system in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts