MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just kidding, nice though...... can just see an "S" done up like this.......or rather I'd like too !!.

Picture of the super 1600 version anyone ?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Apparently it goes so fast that yellow paint is forcibly ripped from the bodywork? :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BruceK said:
Apparently it goes so fast that yellow paint is forcibly ripped from the bodywork? :D
I'm not suprised, looks like its doing 200mph standing still!!!.......Fantastic shape!!......I should stop i guess, it's a MINI forum after all.

I'm sure OnlyS4me could come up with a graphic of the "S" along these lines......

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
My friend has one of those V6 Clio's they look fantastic sound fantastic He is quite rich and has it for a sunday Toy I have driven it several times but I don't push it too hard.He said himself that it's not really a car for fast road driving its got too much power to the back wheels for such a short wheelbase and on the country roads the cooper it much more nimble.But as you say it looks fast standing still What a Looker.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Aparently it swaps ends quicker than a fast end swapping thing adicticted to swapping ends!

Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeh but...

Aren't they £25,000 and mid-engined taking up all the rear seat space??? And yes, isn't this a MINI site...?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Not bad for the school or super market run :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Flowki
Yes this is a mini site but if all you evertalk about in life is MINI then you will sooner or later go doolally so loghten up chill out its Xmas so have a good one

·
Registered
632 Posts
don`t think so . . .

Not sure where Basil got that pic from - but it`s not the RenaultSport Clio V6.

It is something or other based on the (lousy looking front, IMO) face-lifted Clio - with a dodgy wing stuck on the back!

Note that there are no (visible) air intakes to feed a mid-mounted engine?

I had a deposit on a V6 for over a year and test drove a few at a special series of events at Chobham early this year.

Trouble is - when I drove it back to back with the Clio 172 it`s hardly that much better. Terrific sense of occasion driving it though and the real thing does sound, and look, b****y fabulous.

Basically it`s an overweight 2 seat Clio, with a mid-engine that can`t muster enough grunt and like baldie says is over-keen to swap ends.

I still look forward to seeing one on the road.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: don`t think so . . .

Jakx said:

It is something or other based on the (lousy looking front, IMO) face-lifted Clio - with a dodgy wing stuck on the back!

You are right:)

It is a clio with some body kit slapped on. I think it looks horrible, nasty colour. The real RenaultSport Clio V6 looks MUCH nicer, as Jakx says it has meating air intakes on the side as well as on the front.

'Auto Express' did a road test special as while back, pitting the Mini Cooper against the RenaultSport Clio V6. Guess who won?;)

LMB:D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: don`t think so . . .

Jakx said:

I had a deposit on a V6 for over a year and test drove a few at a special series of events at Chobham early this year.

Trouble is - when I drove it back to back with the Clio 172 it`s hardly that much better. Terrific sense of occasion driving it though and the real thing does sound, and look, b****y fabulous.

Basically it`s an overweight 2 seat Clio, with a mid-engine that can`t muster enough grunt and like baldie says is over-keen to swap ends.

I still look forward to seeing one on the road.
I have it on good authority that it's AWD MID ENGINED.....and as for where i got the picture from....it's a trade secret !!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zoooooom said:
Flowki
Yes this is a mini site but if all you evertalk about in life is MINI then you will sooner or later go doolally so loghten up chill out its Xmas so have a good one

Ahh......zoom. Good on ya!. A man after my own heart.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
zoooooom said:
Flowki
Yes this is a mini site but if all you ever talk about in life is MINI then you will sooner or later go doolally ....
I'm not sure I've gone "doolally" (whatever that is) but anyone who has put up with me for the last year or so will tell you that I've sure got the symptoms of only ever talking about MINI MINI MINI MINI MINI :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BruceK said:

I'm not sure I've gone "doolally" (whatever that is) but anyone who has put up with me for the last year or so will tell you that I've sure got the symptoms of only ever talking about MINI MINI MINI MINI MINI :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ha Ha, point taken Bruce. This thread was a bit of a windup anyway.......

Ok, guys and gals, no more "renault" talk......lets face it, only a matter of time before a mid engined AWD MINI breaks cover anyway.......

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: Re: don`t think so . . .

Basil said:

I have it on good authority that it's AWD MID ENGINED.....and as for where i got the picture from....it's a trade secret !!
Your a hard man to convince :rolleyes:

But basil..seriously that ain't a Renaultsport Clio V6. I have seen one in the flesh and it looks nothing like it.

Even if it is an AWD MID ENGINED Clio, it isn't the Renaultsport Clio V6. It must be some sort of hybrid that someones built themselves;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Re: don`t think so . . .

LMB said:

Your a hard man to convince :rolleyes:

But basil..seriously that ain't a Renaultsport Clio V6. I have seen one in the flesh and it looks nothing like it.

Even if it is an AWD MID ENGINED Clio, it isn't the Renaultsport Clio V6. It must be some sort of hybrid that someones built themselves;)

ha ha, As I understand it's renault's entry in the super 1600 class......but I have been known to be wrong.

:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts