MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3483 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HONDA (!!!) Civic Type-R (And ANYTHING else you care to mention) MA Rated

This a thread to discuss aspects of the above car, and is especially for OnlyS4me (possibly to become OnlyR4me) and LMB. If it can be kept in context with maybe the Cooper S, that would be good. Australia "only" gets the Integra Type-R which would not be complete without those new hi-tech front Mcpherson Struts. Good on ya Honda, Bet your sales havn't sufferred much... Ha ha ha....

If Paul Mullett or any of the moderators (theres an irony here now of course) think its a joke too far, please feel free to remove it, It is your site after all!!.

:D :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Freeky:eek:

I was reading up on the Honda Civic Type R as you wrote that post;)

To me it all depends on the spec of the S; but you have to admit whether you like the look of the Type R or not £15,995 is a bargain.

Take a look at www.hondacivictype-r.com and see for your self. Go to the sound section; you have to listen to the engine..it sounds brilliant:p

Definite competition for the Cooper S without a doubt.
I have yet to drive the car, but I plan to do so in the near future.

LMB:D

·
Indecisive MINI Owner
473 Posts
Can I be fair and say it's just like a fast, ugly MPV. I hate the look of the thing, all be it it drives really well.

Wait til the S is here, the R will never be mentioned on Mini2 again :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JonBlakeburn said:
Can I be fair and say it's just like a fast, ugly MPV. I hate the look of the thing, all be it it drives really well.

Wait til the S is here, the R will never be mentioned on Mini2 again :)
I agree with you 100%.... Honda has lost the plot completely styling wise. Mind you, have a look at BMW's new 3 series, and especially the new 7 series. Someones hit it with the UGLY stick big time.

Give it a couple of years and the MINI may end up with BMW badges on it.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LMB said:
Freeky:eek:

I was reading up on the Honda Civic Type R as you wrote that post;)

To me it all depends on the spec of the S; but you have to admit whether you like the look of the Type R or not £15,995 is a bargain.

Take a look at www.hondacivictype-r.com and see for your self. Go to the sound section; you have to listen to the engine..it sounds brilliant:p

Definite competition for the Cooper S without a doubt.
I have yet to drive the car, but I plan to do so in the near future.

thats why i started this thread.........BMW/MINI take note.....Some sound bites of the S please.

Yea that Honda looks all shiny doesn't it. Just goes to show, you can polish a turd after all. Ha ha ha.....

The S competes with the WRX, Integra Type R and Nissan 200SX here. Pretty much lineball price wise. The WRX Sti is $55,000AU. Not an awful lot more than my S is going to work out to be ( If I still go ahead with it)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
JonBlakeburn said:
Can I be fair and say it's just like a fast, ugly MPV. I hate the look of the thing
I quite like the looks; I have seen one in the flesh and it looks ALOT nicer. Honda make excellent cars, I put them high up on my list for build quality and reliability. So £15,995 for a car that has £197BHP under the bonnet as well as F1 technology has to be worth a look.

It all depends on the pricing of S for in the UK. If the spec for the Dutch market is anything to go by; the standard spec will not be what was expected. And there the problem may lie, we will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMB said:

I quite like the looks; I have seen one in the flesh and it looks ALOT nicer. Honda make excellent cars, I put them high up on my list for build quality and reliability. So £15,995 for a car that has £197BHP under the bonnet as well as F1 technology has to be worth a look.

It all depends on the pricing of S for in the UK. If the spec for the Dutch market is anything to go by; the standard spec will not be what was expected. And there the problem may lie, we will have to wait and see.

Yea, I think Ferrari's F1 team are considering dropping the Wishbone Suspension and going for McPherson Struts all round. The improvement to handling is amazing apparently......... Ha ha ha ha ha ...... ROFLMAO......... ha ha ha ha.......

Sorry LMB, I wish I'd started this thread ages ago..... ha ha ha

·
Registered
272 Posts
i totally agree with u lot actually, the type R is one mean beast but u have to say it is a very ugly one, and that alone puts people off- but if u was considering one, the insurance at group 18 would probably kill u off even more :(

it is a nice car but probably not a sensible one?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Redhotmini said:
i totally agree with u lot actually, the type R is one mean beast but u have to say it is a very ugly one, and that alone puts people off- but if u was considering one, the insurance at group 18 would probably kill u off even more :(

it is a nice car but probably not a sensible one?
Probably more sensible than the Cooper S in reality.......but thats not the point is it......Actually the styling is starting to grow on me*

*Just kidding.......:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
i dun actually mean "sensible" - but it looks funny :)

its sensible in the way that its only 2 grand more than my mini, AND its 200bhp AND its VTEC!!! :p

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Redhotmini said:
i dun actually mean "sensible" - but it looks funny :)

its sensible in the way that its only 2 grand more than my mini, AND its 200bhp AND its VTEC!!! :p
Yea I know what you mean.....AND its UGLY......thats why it's cheap.....had to shift it somehow !!

PS. AND it's UGLY.....

PPS. Have to admit, it does sound good though.

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
I was reading a review of the Acura RSX (Type S or R) which is basically the U.S. version of the Civic R Type. They liked the model below it better saying that the power was only really useful on a race track. Less torque and poiwer where you need it in real driving situations (even agressive ones)and it has something like 30 less horsepower. I'm sure the Honda will woo a few possible Cooper S drivers but, that fdoesn't bother me at all. I don't want a souless appliance, I want a drivers car. The Cooper S should fit the bill perfectly.

-Mike

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yurinaut said:
.....I don't want a souless appliance, I want a drivers car..........

-Mike
Yea, I agree..... Subaru WRX Sti.....oops I mean MINI Cooper S.......

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Yurinaut said:
I'm sure the Honda will woo a few possible Cooper S drivers but, that fdoesn't bother me at all. I don't want a souless appliance, I want a drivers car. The Cooper S should fit the bill perfectly.
I agree, but as long as the price is right. If not then I will probably just keep my cooper.

1 - 20 of 3483 Posts