MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the hood scoop on the S made out of plastic or some other non metal material. In the pictures it looks to be just a little different shade of color. Can some one who has seen an S in person shed a little light?


15th on list for an S::D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
Yes, I would suspect it was painted plastic similar to my Subaru. To save weight and make manufacturing a lot simpler.

What is it in particular your concerned about ?

Can't quite see in this photo. OnlyS4me or KarmenS may have some better photo's in their galleries. Serious amount of soundproofing under the bonnet !! (oops, I just realised how that might be read......I was being serious folks......sorry Sylvy!!)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm less concerned about the scoop not being metal than I was just curious about it.
 

·
...where´s the any-key?
Joined
·
23,182 Posts
Basil said:
quite see in this photo. OnlyS4me or KarmenS may have some better photo's in their galleries. Serious amount of soundproofing under the bonnet !! (oops, I just realised how that might be read......I was being serious folks......sorry Sylvy!!)
;)

LMB:D
 

·
Addicted to Speed!!
Joined
·
4,865 Posts
I'm sorry guys, I know I'm posting to the converted, but I just don't like that bonnet scoop! Prefer the looks of my Cooper's front end. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
R1 said:
I'm sorry guys, I know I'm posting to the converted, but I just don't like that bonnet scoop! Prefer the looks of my Cooper's front end. ;)
I agree with you R1, not just the scoop, the whole bonnet is a little convoluted to get over the supercharger/intercooler.
Still want one though.........
:)
 

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
Joined
·
5,372 Posts
Big bonnet = big balls! The hood looks great, it defines that it is an S. Aspirate, ventilate, or suffocate!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Basil said:
Yes, I would suspect it was painted plastic similar to my Subaru. To save weight and make manufacturing a lot simpler.

What is it in particular your concerned about ?

Can't quite see in this photo. OnlyS4me or KarmenS may have some better photo's in their galleries. Serious amount of soundproofing under the bonnet !! (oops, I just realised how that might be read......I was being serious folks......sorry Sylvy!!)
OK I've got to ask Who is Sylvy??????
 

·
Loves Leecey
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
She is the 'LEVIS-girl' in the above picture, but be carefull what you say, cause she is a member of this board too (SilvyinLA).:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,722 Posts
I wonder if all the boy racers will buy the Cooper S bonnet scoop & try and stick them on their Fiesta's, Corsa's Nova's etc like they have done with the Scooby & Evo's air Scoop's :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I dread the thought :D :D
 

·
Addicted to Speed!!
Joined
·
4,865 Posts
My dealer has told me that all his allocation of the Cooper S cars have been sold up to January 2003! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
The dealers are just guessing at the moment, but they reckon on getting about 2 or 3 Cooper S cars per month. Guesstimate is based on the best guess as to production figures (3,000 per year) and the number of MINI dealerships.

BTW, what *is* the plural for the Cooper S? Cooper S's? Coopers S?
 

·
Addicted to Speed!!
Joined
·
4,865 Posts
Viscount Charles said:
The dealers are just guessing at the moment, but they reckon on getting about 2 or 3 Cooper S cars per month.
That sounds about right. I think my dealer mentioned he had sold about 22.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top