MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vavavoom
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys!

I recently got given my mums 51 Mini One after she bought a nice new Cooper soft top, and have been playing around in it for the last two weeks, and the door is starting to drive me nuts...

When I open the driver door all the way it makes this horrible metal click three times at different stages, (like a nail gun) I've searched the forum and google, but haven't come up with a solution. Although I did read about bands, and break systems in the door? A little confused. (I've tried putting some good old DW on her, to no avail)

Also I want to stick a CD player in, any recommendations? something that will blend in with the dash, maybe even an original mini cd player.

Any help appretiated :D

Cheers,
Sam :red:

·
Vavavoom
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried using a silicon spray and WD40 on the hinges and sprayed inside the little hole. Although im not sure whether my mini has a check strap, unless its located inside the door panel? Would I have to take the door apart to sort this?

·
Registered
199 Posts
The check strap is the bit of metal that looks a bit like a spanner and sticks out of the hinge side of the door and attaches to the door pillar. I'm pretty sure it will be that causing the noise. My sisters car did the same thing. WD40 might work for a short while but it also washes away what little grease there is on there to begin with. You'd be better off getting some spray grease, like the stuff you can get for motorbike chains, and give it a good dose!

·
Vavavoom
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the reply! Was very helpful. Ive given it a fair spraying, and its still making the noise. Im going to take the panel off the door this weekend and see if I can get some hardcore grease in there, and tighten some stuff up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts