MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
lots of brown cars appearing at the moment - BMW have one, so do audi - seen a brown TT the other day.

i wonder if cow poo green will be next? :p

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you look at the Park Lane in some lights it is more brown than grey ;)
Well...yes...sort of, but not quite! :redface:

:yellow:

I would love to find the person responsible for the choice of Mini colours and poke him or her in the eye.
Me too!!! :D

When I see "Mist Green", "Solid Gold" and "Sparkling Silver" MINIs around I wonder if they have eyes at all! :D

On the contrary - all cars end up brown.

Well, they do after about 10 years!
LOL :p

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
if you go on minicherished & do an advanced search it shows all the colours mini have used over the years - i think there were 25 & thats not inlcuding the 3 colours used on the seven/parklane/checkmate models.

so thats 28 colours in 6 years, with about 8 different shades of blue from indi to laser

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
I think, if handled correctly, this could be a very interesting colour. Especially on a car with some contrasting accents, like the clubman is suppssed to be having.

A few years ago, 'white' cars were seen as very un sexy. But their back now, with avengance.

I think the new brown (with a gold metalic hue perhaps) might end up being the new colour to be seen in.

Paint has come on leaps and bounds since the days of brown morris marinas etc.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I think it will be a niche colour, and I think maybe that's what they're going for, it does allow for more diversity. It would be nice for them to add some more vibrancy to the colour palette, a wider range of "base colours", not just hues and tones. So in that respect, being the only brown in the range, this is a positive move.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts