MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm absolutely desperate. This debate has been swirling in my head for two weeks...

chocolate clubman with either a chocolate or a black roof (w/sunroof)
or...
pepper white clubman with black roof/trim.

At first I thought chocolate, then the white, and then all of my friends thought the white was too 'girly' (I'm a 27 yr-old male) or 'dull' when I showed them the pictures, and the majority thought the chocolate was the cooler color. ...

Today I saw both variations at two different dealerships, and I adored them both.

Please vote now and save me from myself.

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
I thought the Brown would be a sunshine colour you know it would only work best when its clean and the sun is shining but having seen one in various states of grubbyness I would say it works well and looks smart whatever the weather. I am a PW owner partly out of cost saving the 270 squid for metallic helped me choose.

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
Can understand the tough choice, think both look good, but I'd be more edging towards the brown, as its real in colour for next year in fashion trends so I can see it staying popular for a while. But then there is also the fact that its an exclusive colour so that appeals to me too:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Toughie:puzzled:

I'd go chocolate with choc lounge leather if i could afford it. They had this combo on a clubman in showroom when i picked mines up and looked the nuts:nice:

·
Registered
408 Posts
its the classic CHOCOLATE or VANILLA ice cream dillema :)

so ... either get a Pepper White w/ Chocolate Leather

OR

a Hot Chocolate w/ Beige Leather

·
Registered
8 Posts
pw

Ordered my pepper white with hot chocolate lounge leather yesterday, so i'm biased (white is the new black apparantly). Hot chocolate is very very nice but i was worried whether it would still be fashionable next year or in 3 years etc..

Either way - it will be uber cool!:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
HC with HC interior everytime great colour PW a bit dull and middle aged IMO, who cares about resale value just enjoy.

·
Saltire
108 Posts
I actually went into the showroom to order a pepper white/black clubman, but saw the Hot Chocolate/silver on display and ordered that.... It looks amazing....!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, 7-6 Chocolate so far....

This is cracking me up. Was hoping for a clear majority here... I think the 7-6 in favor of the Chocolate is where my head is right now - just SLIGHTLY leaning toward the Choc, since it is a bit more unique. ... Also, I'm buying this car in Florida and will be going on a cross-country Mini road trip to Los Angeles, where I'm moving. So in the Cali sunshine, I'm thinking the chocolate because the color really does pop in the sun. ...

Now, if chocolate, black roof or chocolate roof? Wondering if the black roof makes it look too 'hard,' if that makes sense. Also might get chrome mirrors. I would totally go for the silver roof because I think the contrast looks great from the front, but the black-brown back pillars look so much better/classier to me than the silver pillars coming down around the brown. Just my two cents.

Thank you all for your generous input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went from a dark car to the PW and for good reason. One dark car for me was enough EVERY scratch or spec of dirt shows up. From the posts I have seen the mini has a soft paint so this makes it even more prone. Sure it looks great for 5 minutes but then it's all down hill. My vote is PW if you couldn't tell.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Now, if chocolate, black roof or chocolate roof? Wondering if the black roof makes it look too 'hard,' if that makes sense. Also might get chrome mirrors. I would totally go for the silver roof because I think the contrast looks great from the front, but the black-brown back pillars look so much better/classier to me than the silver pillars coming down around the brown. Just my two cents.
They all look great, but I think the silver gives it a nice touch of contrast ... and it DOES look like the aluminum foil around a piece of chocolate :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
32 Participants
M.O.S
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing