MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone suffering from these hot and sticky nights we're having lately? My house seems fine in the daytime but as soon as the sun goes down, my house heats up like an oven, even with the windows open. The Bedrooms get especially warm and muggy, and it's really uncomfortable sleeping. Anyone any ideas how to overcome this without investnig in aircon or sleeping in ths shower ;)

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Fill the bath and sink with cold water ;)
This will absorb some of the heat.

Also in the evening try not using to much lighting. This really adds a lot of extra heat especially if you've got spots or downlights.

I have the problem that if I leave the windows open I get plagued with bugs :(
Living next to a field of grazing livestock doesn't help the cause :rolleyes:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Plenty of good sippin whisky, a coolshower before going to bed, lavender oil on the pillow, energetic exercise:eek: about an hour should do it, or sleep in the garden.;)

·
RedUn's Manicurist ;-þ
16,095 Posts
We went without AC for part of one summer, about 15 years ago...it was so miserable here in our area, it gets hot, but the humidity just makes it worse...while waiting for a new AC system hubby got strep throat, that was it, we never wanted to go without again, even for a short while. (we were younger, poorer and hoping ot make it to the next summer to install the system)

·
Registered
549 Posts
dcfkan said:
I would use a fan in the bedroom, covered up with just a sheet :)

DK ;) :apple:
Covering the fan with a sheet would surely render its powers of creating cooling breezes somewhat inneffective, additionally it could cause overheating and a FIRE !:eek:

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried using a fan, but the noise keeps me awake. Naked it good ;)

Martin L said:
Fill the bath and sink with cold water ;)
This will absorb some of the heat.
That wouldn't work in my house. For some reason, my cold water comes out luke warm in the summer :(

·
Little Minx
605 Posts
We use this trick on holiday while staying in places with no aircon and it always works. All you need is a spray bottle full of cold water (any ol' water will do really). Spray your bed and sheets with a fine mist before getting into bed. The water evaporates slowly taking some of the heat with it. On really hot nights you spray your body and face too (don't forget your head ... that will really cool you down). Added fun element if you share your bed of course ;) :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
Tone
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing