MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Just a thought as we have 2 members on MINI2 that are racing in Sussex at Goodwood on the 3rd April in the Cooper club sport challenges.

Now what a good excuse for having a meet what do ya all think.???????????????????????????????

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Hi all

Hey, thanks for the support! It'd be great to see you - just so you know, though, the Goodwood event on 3rd April is just a trackday, so the competitors can all meet each other and get used to the cars on a track - so there might not be so much to see. But it'd still be great to meet you if you can make it, of course.

Andy

·
Registered
149 Posts
First Real Race?

TVRman said:
Hi all

Hey, thanks for the support! It'd be great to see you - just so you know, though, the Goodwood event on 3rd April is just a trackday, so the competitors can all meet each other and get used to the cars on a track - so there might not be so much to see. But it'd still be great to meet you if you can make it, of course.

Andy
When and where is the first Race / Sprint / Hillclimb (whatever)?

Are any of the Sprints / Hillclimbs open to standard cars? I own a beam-breaker! If yes, who do I contact for an entry form?

Good luck.:D

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Thnaks Silverstone :)

Here's the full calendar:

3 April Goodwood, West Sussex...Track Day...Non Championship
27 April Wiscombe Park, Devon...Hill Climb...Woolbridge Motor Club
8 June Abingdon Sprint...Sprint...Sutton and Cheam MC
22 June Gurston Down, Wilts...Hill Climb...BARC (SW)
28 July Silverstone, National...Race...750 Motor Club
18 August Bovingdon, Wareham...Sprint...Woolbridge Motor Club
15 Sept Snetterton...Race...750 Motor Club
20 October Mallory Park...Race...750 Motor Club

I guess f you contacted the individual motor clubs, they could advise you on how to enter.

Andy

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
How about having a huge MINI meet at one of these events :confused: :confused:

Just a thought :)

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Silverstone race on 28th July would be the obvious one - plenty to see, fairly central in the country, should be good weather etc...

·
Registered
298 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMMMM

The 28th does look like a good choice, I belive there will be a hotdog and burger van there. Super....

Can someone find out if there will be a Mr Whippy icecream van. If so i will be there.

Mark.

Slightly peckish.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Thats near my birthday, so that might be my birthday treat :D :D :D
How about a pit pass as a prezzie :confused: :confused: :D :D :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
As a local to the Goodwood area I'll definitely try to get there. I took some great photos of my yellow Mini One at Goodwood the other week, although sadly not on the cicuit itself (only got as far as the car park). Having not yet spoken to another new Mini owner in person yet it could be a great opportuity to meet some like minded souls! Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
yellow peril said:
Having not yet spoken to another new Mini owner in person yet it could be a great opportuity to meet some like minded souls! Hope to see you there!
You havent met Dinger yet :p :p :p :D :D

(only joking mate ;) )

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Just bumping this one back to the top to see if any newbies fancy coming along...

I will be giving a couple of meeting points for those in my region of MINI2 - keep 'em peeled

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
I just remembered this one over lunch... is anyone still meeting on 3rd April?

Dom

1 - 20 of 46 Posts