MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought myself a 1:18 scale diecast Mini Cooper model to help hold me over. I have yet to see a Cooper 'S' in a model, though.

Coming here helps alot, of course.

I also have Mini wallpaper on my computer's desktop, here at work.

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
I was going to buy the MINI Cooper model, but thought I'd wait until the S comes out.
I have pictures from the Detroit autoshow as my wallpaper on my desktop here at work also.
Yes, I totally agree with you MINI2.com is a life saver. Knowing that there are other people out there waiting as I am gives me hope.
Almost forgot, I keep in touch with my dealer about every other week to see what is going on. That helps also.

·
Registered
130 Posts
coping with the wait

I put myself on the list for an S in July of 2001. I bought myself a 1:18 scale model off Ebay in October of 2001. Then I went to the Detroit auto show in January 2002. I dream of Minis. I talk about them nonstop. It's become an obsession and I'm toying with the idea of camping out at my local dealer for opening day which will be March 15. If I'm not arrested for stalking by then!

I'm coping well, don't you think?

minimott

·
Registered
164 Posts
I log into MIN2.com and look at my order reciept at least three times a day. If I'm at work I speak to the other MINI owners about how their car has been since yesterday. I try MINI spotting whilst driving, I saw 2 x silver-black 2 x green-black and 1 x red-white today. It's sheer MINI madness I tell you, just 49 days to go.... :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did the red/white Mini look in real life?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I cope by constantly changing my mind about the color I want. I began with BRG, then Velvet Red (then found out it wasn't available on the S), then to Dark Silver, then Black, then Electric Blue, then Black again, then Red, and I have no finally given up.

All I know is that I don't want yellow.

If the dealer calls me with a car with the options I want, I'll take Black, Red, BRG, or Electric Blue as long as it has white roof, wheels, and bonnet stripes.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't decide between red and dark silver. Originally I wanted yellow, then I decided on red. Then this past Saturday I saw a dark silver at the auto ahow, and now I can't decide between it and red. :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
The two colors I'd REALLY go for aren't offered... the Velvet Red color is drop dead gorgeous, and I've always favored purple as well. I guess I could always just have the car painted, but jeez....

Then again, if I got it painted I could use some of the hot PPG Chomatic paint and REALLY pimp it out.

I'll probably stick with black if it becomes available, seems to be the color of choice in most things in my live. (Hi Kim!)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
My spouse tells me if I don't shut up about it already, we're not getting one.

So I secretly buy every car mag with the MINI in it, and hide them around the house.

I log in to MINI2 when she's asleep.

I've plastered my work area at the office with pictures of the MINI.

Once she asked if I were hiding something, and I sheepishly pulled out a toy model of a BRG Cooper... Now she know's I'm nuts.

I'm lucky on one thing though. She does like it, and thinks it's cute. It is going to be our new car, so I'm getting everything I wanted - so long as she gets to pick the colour...

Good thing about the model though, sitting there on top of the TV, she's now decided she rather likes the BRG colour. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
My S is not due until October.

I'm counting the seconds so I'm trying to stop thinking about it. Having posters and wallpapers would drive me absolutely mad.

To take my mind off I'm reading War & Peace, Lord of the Rings, Brief History in Time and I'm also taking an Open University degree in Physics.

I'm also on Prosac, Valium and Morphine.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Doing much better after seeing and sitting in the S at Chicago show and actually knowing I will fit(6'6"tall) with more leg and headroom than our Volvo S90 and Mitsu:p Just now need to see an all black one(BRG nice too!) and get "real" order in-no sunroof etc.:) :) :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don't want the panoramic roof?! It's tinted, you know, and would blend in quite nicely with the black roof.

·
Registered
663 Posts
;) Yeah,roof is nice but it takes abit of headroom away for me and the 800 bucks will go to the xenons and cruise...:p

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haven't you read the just-released brochure? It appears that Xenons come standard on both Cooper and Cooper 'S'.

If you want cruise, you have to opt for the the multi-function steering wheel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
SomeBlondeGuy said:
You don't want the panoramic roof?! It's tinted, you know, and would blend in quite nicely with the black roof.

It's actually so well tinted that i've had several people ask me if it's glass or metal!! :eek:
Back on topic, i'm coping quite well with the long wait for the 'S' by owning a Blue/Black chilli Cooper :p :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
:( Xenon headlights are for sure a $500 option in USA.I don't think they will ever be standard due to the cost and alot of people don't like them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess it's only listed as standard in the Canadian Mini brochure.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ezrally said:
Doing much better after seeing and sitting in the S at Chicago show and actually knowing I will fit(6'6"tall) with more leg and headroom than our Volvo S90 and Mitsu:p Just now need to see an all black one(BRG nice too!) and get "real" order in-no sunroof etc.:) :) :)
So how was the head room if you had to wear a helmet?

Here in New York, I have yet to sit in one and so far its the only real woory I have. As for cooping, I hope that some of the R/C car makers create a nice 200mm body soon:D
that should hopefully hold me over.

Daniel

·
Registered
783 Posts
I bought the 1:18 model, bought the mags, visit Mini2 about a half-dozen times each day. My latest stunt is to write my favorite color combos on file cards posted on my bulletin board, and shuffle the order depending on my mood. Today, dark silver/white is on top. Red/white is second. I had BRG/white third, but when I found out I couldn't get the beige interior, I dropped BRG. I would also give Velvet Red a strong look, if it was an S color. Arguing with myself about colors is always a good way to kill fifteen minutes.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is a Mini R/C car available through BMW/Mini dealerships.

I also saw one at the Toronto International Auto Show.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts