MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had the opportunity to see a new MINI in person, so I figured some of you across the pond could help me out with this. Realistically, can an adult sit in the back seat? Say somebody like 5'3" tall?

I'm guessing that nobody will fit behind me, except maybe my 6 month old daughter. I'm 6'2".

I'd appreciate some feedback on this issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
size of back seat

I sat in some Minis at the Detroit Auto Show and the back seat is small, like in the new Jettas. There's room in back if the driver and passenger don't have the seat all the way back. Of course, I'm 5'2" so I fit anywhere. I don't think you can reasonably expect to fit four people in the car at all times. It'd be a tight squeeze.

mini mott

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
How big is the back seat?

Big enough ;)

It may not look like there is much legroom, but the back seats are quite 'deep' and I've had four adults in my car just fine. Well, ok, maybe there was a slight lack of legroom, but it wasn't too bad.

You can probably fit people in quite comfortably if the front passengers are below 6ft. Headroom has not been a problem...

hope that helps,

Dom

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just confirming what others say.

I sat in the back the other day. Driver was about 5'5", passenger was about 5'8". I sat in the back and I'm 5'10", I have a long torso and sit more like 6'0". I was VERY comfortable, lots of headroom.
No, leg room is not huge, but like was said, because the back seats are deep all you need is space for your calf, not your knees.
Long drives for the big passengers in the rear? Nah. But plenty of room for them for the run up the road.
When one of the 6'4" (approx.)visitors sat in the driver seat, there was NO space between the driver seat and rear, but that's as expected.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm 6'2", and my driver's seat almost touches the back seat. I think you could just fit a child seat behind there.

Realistically, I reckon the MINI is a three adult car.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Big enough to get your leg over :confused: :confused: :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm 6'0" and have managed to put 3 other males in the car. One 6 footer in the front seat passenger with a 5'10" behind him (neither complained), and a 5'8" behind me. He didn't complain either. I've got to admit though, I found I had to pull my seat forward more than I liked - I could get my knees round the steering column, but it was a squeeze.

And if you've anything more adventurous in mind, fold down the back seats and remove the parcel shelf. Hey, it might not be comfortable, but at least you'd have room to manouvre.

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts